quick question: what is the most dynamic crunch amp on the AXE?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Maybe this is a bit stupid question, but what is the most dynamic crunch amp on the AXE?

I play clean 99% of the time, but i need to setup a crunchy/driven rhythm sound and i don't want it to be compressed much.

Last edited:
I use the Badger 30...very dynamic. You can go from clean to driven just through judicious use of the volume controls on your guitar. I play Zeppelin's Ramble On using that patch. The verse part of the song I use my neck pickup with the volume rolled off just a tad, and it's crystal clean. For the chorus, I switch to my bridge pickup (humbucker), turn up the volume, and get a great crunch sound. Very versatile, and great sounding amp.

When I'm not playing Heavy Rock'n'Roll which I choose a Carol Ann Triptik for the Job, I can play an entire funky/bluesy/pop gig with either a Match DC-30 or a Fender Super Reverb, without any pedals, boost. Just Meh and Mah Guitar.

The Super Verb may sound all cleanish but with gain on 6 things get a little more serious :)

Orange A-30, Morgans, Vox, any Class A model type give you great dynamic rythm overdrives.

If you're into more heavier stuff. Plexi 100, Soldano, Rectos handle the job pretty well.
In fact, I don't think there's an amp in the axe that I would say "Oh, this won't do it for me" - Love 'em all Every model is awesome and It depends on you're musical taste.

The Ruby is indeed awesome. The Liverpool Wrecker and my Gibson Les Paul Jr. I can go from crystal clean, crunchy to metal all on the same preset. That amp is awesome.

Matchless would be my choice...but of course this always depends on what your definition of crunch is.

You beat me to it Adman, that Buttery is just as its' name implies: so smooth and dynamic. That and my PRS just keep doing their thing and making me happy!

Since we all know that the axefx replicates the badger30 really well heres what you should be able to achieve easily. Just remember Pete brings a lot of tone from his fingers into his playing

Back
Top Bottom