Quick question: IA to mute OUT 1 only?

KW1234

Since I don't have the MFC yet, I'd like to use Out 2 as a tuner out. Is there a way I could mute Out 2 with IA with CC command? I only found command for volume, but my Midi Mate can't send CC values, only the CC number.

if you're using the fxl block to split the signal and send to out 2, you could put a volume block on the out 1 path and bypass it (with bypass mode set to "mute")

there's probably a more elegant way to do it that i can't think of at the moment

Set a switch to the Output 1 Volume CC#. Remember to save each MM preset w/ switch on, unless you want the preset to initially be muted.

Set a switch to the Output 1 Volume CC#. Remember to save each MM preset w/ switch on, unless you want the preset to initially be muted.

Doesn't this method need a CC value to be sent? How does the Axe-Fx know to mute Out 1 if the controller only sends a CC number?

a cc value will always be sent. on will be 127 and off will be zero. you can't send a cc without also sending it's value

i didn't suggest this, because i didn't know that if output 2 is set to echo output 1, using the cc on out 1 will also mute out 2. i'm guessing this is not the case?

Maybe I am missing the point but can't you just create an IA switch to turn on tuner in the Axe Fx and set tuner to mute?

Maybe I am missing the point but can't you just create an IA switch to turn on tuner in the Axe Fx and set tuner to mute?

That also works if out 2 echo = input 1, which is probably the best choice for a tuner feed. Plus it allows the option of tuner mute = input for normal effect trails instead of immediate muting.

That also works if out 2 echo = input 1, which is probably the best choice for a tuner feed. Plus it allows the option of tuner mute = input for normal effect trails instead of immediate muting.

Aah, ok thanks. I'll check the Out to Echo = 1 setting. The first thing I tried was using the tuner w. mute, but it silenced the output 2 also, so I didn't get signal to my tuner.

Back
Top Bottom