Quick question for new FC-12 owner

wizardy

Hi guys , I've just got a new FC-12 and would like to assign 1 switch to the following actions : turning on Delay, switch Drive channel from A to B and switch amp channel from A to B
WITHOUT changing Scene.
I did assign CS-1 to Delay Bypass AND for channel switching I think I must use MIDI command assigned to CC#7 in my axe-fx and the CS-midi command assigned to my CS1 would be CC - channel 1 - #7 on value : 0 off value : 1 ?

I tried and the channel aren't switching. Only the Delay is bypassed.

Any ideas why this isn't working ? thanks

CS MIDI is not processed internally. It's sent to the MIDI Out port. You'd need to connect a loop back cable from the MIDI Out port back to the MIDI IN port for the Axe III to receive and process it.

Ok I see. Do you have any workaround ? Or could it be a new suggestion to have that "loop back" automated via setup MIDI menu

Ok I see. Do you have any workaround ? Or could it be a new suggestion to have that "loop back" automated via setup MIDI menu
Use a midi controller instead of the FC... The FCs can't do what you want, unfortunately.

Otherwise use a scene change - that's what they were created for (I know you're trying to not do that).

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to use a scene change?
Because I use my axe-fx 3 with 2 guitarist
Each player have their own Solo patch with their own foot switch
I was using à midi controller before I bought my FC-12 I kinda regret now
I might send it back and buy a RJM GT-10 instead
They were almost the same price here in Canada

Because I use my axe-fx 3 with 2 guitarist
Each player have their own Solo patch with their own foot switch
I was using à midi controller before I bought my FC-12 I kinda regret now
I might send it back and buy a RJM GT-10 instead
They were almost the same price here in Canada
Gotcha. If you run two separate signal paths, you can set a scene change that only impacts one of the paths. When I use guitars with Piezo's, that's what I do. The mags and Piezo's each have their own path. My scene changes only impact the mag path.

Gotcha. If you run two separate signal paths, you can set a scene change that only impacts one of the paths. When I use guitars with Piezo's, that's what I do. The mags and Piezo's each have their own path. My scene changes only impact the mag path.
Yeah I see but for dual guitarist soloing at the same time or alternating solos , we must be completely indépendant ?
If i trigger solo 1 scene and the other guitarist wants to trigger his solo 2 sound , that would impact the first solo 1 patch . And on the other hand if solo 1 wants to go back to rhythm while solo 2 is still on , I’m not sure that would work.

I might have to think someway around

Yeah I see but for dual guitarist soloing at the same time or alternating solos , we must be completely indépendant ?
If i trigger solo 1 scene and the other guitarist wants to trigger his solo 2 sound , that would impact the first solo 1 patch . And on the other hand if solo 1 wants to go back to rhythm while solo 2 is still on , I’m not sure that would work.

I might have to think someway around
You could make it work, but your patches would have to be very well thought out, and you'd each have to be extremely cognizant of what the other was doing live. There wouldn't be much room for spontaneity.

Back
Top Bottom