Quick Input/Instr In Question

gvsb15

Inspired
I've searched the forum a couple of times and was unable to find a direct answer.

Is it best to dial the INSTR In and INPUT 1 levels close/exact to each other or keep the INPUT 1 higher and roll back the INSTR In level? Right now, I have both at around 80+% using a low output guitar (D'angelico) with the OUTPUT 1 at around 2 o'clock. Barely hitting the red/mostly inside the yellow. Quick note: There are no pedals in the chain to add/decrease vol/levels beside the amp and cab blocks since I am just trying to get a grip on volume levels since my set up is AXE2 (line) > LAVRY AD10 (48K/24 bit) > ProTools (SPDIF). I'm used to the ULTRA layout where I can keep the INPUT at 2 o'clock and OUTPUT at 12 o'clock (which I never edit) and focus only on the MASTR Vol and DRIVE level in the grid for each patch. Rarely am I editing the MIXER level.

Thanks in advance...

Are you using both inputs at the same time? My understanding is that they are independent of each other so if you're only using the instrument in then input 1 is irrelevant.

My understanding is that they are independent of each other so if you're only using the instrument in then input 1 is irrelevant.

Yes, they are independent. INSTR In is used for the front (guitar) input.

I see. I am only using the front (guitar) INSTR. Currently nothing is plugged into INPUT 1. Wouldn't INPUT 1 then not have an effect on volume, since nothing is plugged into it (back)? Both are playing a role in volume with my setup.

If INPUT 1 is affecting your volume then you don't have the input configured correctly. It should be Left Only. You probably have it set to L+R Sum.

Back
Top Bottom