Questions about FW 11 Presets

skintone1

Inspired
I have updated the firmware to 11.03, but still have the last version of presets.
I would appreciate some advice about the latest presets.

Question 1. Is it possible to load presets individually rather than an entire bank? I notice the sys file comes as entire banks A, B or C, rather than individual presets?
Question 2. I was using 11beta firmware and have tweaked my presets to not clip on that and sound OK for me.
What difference will there be to my presets if I load the new factory presets? A great deal? Will I have to tweak every parameter( chorus, delay etc again?)

Sorry if this is obvious to others.

And thanks in advance

But, having downloaded the presets, I have BankA.syx, BankB.syx and BankC.syx.
So, if I use Fractal Bot to send these to the Axefx , this will transfer an entire bank right?
How to import a single preset only?

if you want to load into bank A, save bank B, load new bank B into the axe, move the preset from bank B into some unused slot in bank A, load your backup bank B back into the axe

Another somewhat cumbersome way is to backup your presets. Then load one of the banks and using Fractal Bot, manually save each preset you're interested in, to your hard drive. Probably more trouble than the above by raukolith. Good luck.

Should be able to import to ax edit and audition saving the ones you want! Not sure about that though I'll try tonite if I get a chance. Curious now!

But, having downloaded the presets, I have BankA.syx, BankB.syx and BankC.syx.
So, if I use Fractal Bot to send these to the Axefx , this will transfer an entire bank right?
How to import a single preset only?
Use the import function in AxeEdit. It can load a single preset from a bank file.

Question 2. I was using 11beta firmware and have tweaked my presets to not clip on that and sound OK for me.
What difference will there be to my presets if I load the new factory presets? A great deal? Will I have to tweak every parameter( chorus, delay etc again?)
If you load a new factory preset over one of your own presets, then your own preset will be gone (unless you backed it up), replaced by the factory preset. If you load the factory preset somewhere else, your own preset will remain unchanged.

If you load a new factory preset over one of your own presets, then your own preset will be gone (unless you backed it up), replaced by the factory preset. If you load the factory preset somewhere else, your own preset will remain unchanged.

Thanks Rex,
I will just try importing one preset at a time and see how they compare to the old presets.
Great !

Back
Top Bottom