Question

I think he recorded it twice. I don't think its an effect. Unless it's just the delay from the amp being in a different room.

Sounds like he's playing with the original song as backing track.

Hmm I was thinking eventide 3000 with - one side + the other..

I know on metal fatigue you really hear it at beginning part.
I hear it on some of AH's recordings. its almost a doubling sound or as if one side is de tuned and always catching up.
Its a subtle 1:02 into the song listen to that strange sound its like a harmonizer but de tuned one side.
fools the ear some... its more like part of what hes playing not something he is tracking with I could be wrong..
ive heard this in Holdsworth's recordings also and its him and the efx hes using which I suspect is eventide 3000.
1:15-1:20 you kinda hear this artifact always with what he is playing.. I think its a harmonizer.. with one side set minus one side plus.
and it gets this abstracted sound its like its pulled wrong.. and you get the wrong note with the correct note ...
2:25-2:31 right at 2:25 you hear efx kick on. sounds like other notes buzzing along with what he is playing
eg always tracking something off say - 3% 0r what ever one side and + % the other side and when you play a note
you get the artifact along with pure note to pitch.

0-25 seconds in....
you hear this efx and it plays - and + along with pure note but they have the abstracted parts
out front . I think its just mixed less out front or tucked under some..

Back
Top Bottom