Question to Cliff about his Vision of the futire of AxeFx...

soon

Inspired
Hello Cliff,

I've been reading the new threads where you are talking about doing the new channel strips, preamps and UAD stuff...

I think that's the most awesome thing ever.
It's going to get to the point where the AXEFX is a all in one box, no outside plug ins needed other than a guitar to plug in to it lol

So with these new reverbs you did, and the new EVH Mean Street Channel Strip, and all the talk of bigger better effects and UAD types of software built in etc, I am wondering how much of that will you be able to put into the Axe 2 XL before you introduce the AXE 3?

From what I read seems like some users are already coming close to maxing out their cpu when they use everything on highest quality.

Convolution reverb would be nice too.

Can you give us some hints at when AXE 3 will be released, and what types of features and capabilities you are planning on it having? I am sure you must have already put a lot of thought into what AXE 3 is going to be.

It seems AXE 2 is almost reaching it limits, it's end... is this a correct assumption?

I say bring on AXE 3 and spare no expense in it's design, make it several times more powerful than whatever you think it should be, maybe that way it will be future proofed a bit and last longer than a couple years before everyone needs to upgrade to AXE 4.

It would be awesome if you started a daily blog letting us in on things you are working on.

I would have never guessed you would have done what you did with Mean Streets with that channel strip, that was mind blowing!

I am dying to know what's going to come NEXT!

Not sure about reaching the limits of the Axe.... possibly regarding CPU usage, but not on the model number front.

I think we'd all like to have a gaze into the future, but I would expect no clear answer. :)

FWIW I'd love to see convolution reverb, a longer IR time so that room reverb samples could be used, W/D/W outputs, a HYOOOOOJJJJ looper time..... but c'est la vie! ;)

was wondering about DSP specs it would need:
doesnt seem to be a much faster DSP out there yet. (quad core would be possible...though that would be already 1000$)
though if there is the III is gonna include prob this: -easier interface to control with (touch screen or at least colour display, faster speeds to handle Axe-Fx over USB etc. (though dont know where the limitation exists why it is kinda slow to copy presets ...I/O?); size: will get smaller, or stays the same..but will not get bigger, some new crazy improved algorithms which would require more processor power, some other crazy "Cliff" stuff

Look at the Fx8. It's still not released and there's a lot of information that's not released, and likely won't be released until it's available for sale. There was a lot of wishes for a foot only FAS unit and how much did Cliff comment or write about it. Nothing! Not a single word! The first thing we got to see was a picture of it. When the Axe 3 comes, my money would be that the same will happen. Not a single word of communication and discussion and then someday a picture of an awesome looking new device will be posted in the forum with some subject like "look what just arrived at the office"...

Hello Cliff,

...Can you give us some hints at when AXE 3 will be released, and what types of features and capabilities you are planning on it having? I am sure you must have already put a lot of thought into what AXE 3 is going to be.

It seems AXE 2 is almost reaching it limits, it's end... is this a correct assumption?

I say bring on AXE 3 and spare no expense in it's design, make it several times more powerful than whatever you think it should be, maybe that way it will be future proofed a bit and last longer than a couple years before everyone needs to upgrade to AXE 4.

It would be awesome if you started a daily blog letting us in on things you are working on.

I would have never guessed you would have done what you did with Mean Streets with that channel strip, that was mind blowing!

Why don't you leave your phone number? I'm sure Cliff will call you before the Patriots kickoff to fill you in on everything he is currently working on. Maybe he will even take you out to lunch tomorrow and you can discuss your visions for the Axe FX III over a cheeseburger. Please remember to PM me with a definitive release date for the III once you find out from Cliff. Thanks!

Why don't you leave your phone number? I'm sure Cliff will call you before the Patriots kickoff to fill you in on everything he is currently working on. Maybe he will even take you out to lunch tomorrow and you can discuss your visions for the Axe FX III over a cheeseburger. Please remember to PM me with a definitive release date for the III once you find out from Cliff. Thanks!

He's got 12 posts and the handle "soon." Draw your own conclusions.

Just use history as your guide,

AXE Standard :2006
AXE Ultra :2008
AXE II :2011
AXE II XL :2014

so we have roughly a 3 year average.

Looks as though you're correct right up to the Axe II. I think the XL interrupts that trend, as it was not a quantum leap forward, but rather a few improvements to an existing design.
It would be nice to think that the Axe III design has been in the works since 2011…2012…?

Looks as though you're correct right up to the Axe II. I think the XL interrupts that trend, as it was not a quantum leap forward, but rather a few improvements to an existing design.
It would be nice to think that the Axe III design has been in the works since 2011…2012…?

Sort of like the leap from the Standard to the Ultra?

Hello Cliff,

I've been reading the new threads where you are talking about doing the new channel strips, preamps and UAD stuff...

I think that's the most awesome thing ever.
It's going to get to the point where the AXEFX is a all in one box, no outside plug ins needed other than a guitar to plug in to it lol

So with these new reverbs you did, and the new EVH Mean Street Channel Strip, and all the talk of bigger better effects and UAD types of software built in etc, I am wondering how much of that will you be able to put into the Axe 2 XL before you introduce the AXE 3?

From what I read seems like some users are already coming close to maxing out their cpu when they use everything on highest quality.

Convolution reverb would be nice too.

Can you give us some hints at when AXE 3 will be released, and what types of features and capabilities you are planning on it having? I am sure you must have already put a lot of thought into what AXE 3 is going to be.

I think, if we've expect to have Axe-Fx III in a near future, first of all we would expect to see a lot of huge improvements on guitar tone land by guitar amps N effects companies or even something new and special by FAS to elucidate it's a new approach for a guitar tone, otherwise it can't be a good news for me to have III with the same sound tech N quality and just improved DSP power or memory. on the other hand I think something like the bigger Rack size or touch screen, Ipad connection is not a enough reason in order to have Axe-Fx III.

It's still free to speculate on product direction, but you probably won't be successful in attracting futures comments from Fractal Audio staffers.

It's still free to speculate on product direction, but you probably won't be successful in attracting futures comments from Fractal Audio staffers.

That would be a guarantee (I'm not a staffer...lowly Moderator...)

Most of these threads are really just vaguely worded questions that revolve around "Tell me if you're coming out with a new one so I don't feel screwed by buying the *old* one."

I would really NOT like to see a new Axe right now.
From my POV - Cliff are doing wonders finetuning what we already have, from month to month bringing new sonic bliss.

Play some more...

Back
Top Bottom