Question regarding creating a backup of the MFC-101?

guitargeorge

Inspired
I would like to create a backup containing all my user specific settings regarding the MFC-101. In the manual I can read that this is done through the SysEx Data Dump/Load option. Would this be possible with the Axe-Fx 2 as a MIDI-Adapter (just as with updating the firmware on the MFC-101)? Has anyone done this before (and succesfully)?

Last edited:
I have not tried it.. I have not had much success doing anything PC->Axe-II->MFC. Plus, I'm thinking you would need to do that via MIDI cable and not CAT5 anyway.

I hook up my trusty UNO or 2x2 and go MIDI direct, using C6 (midiOx and SendSx do not work well with my PC and the MFC) to capture and save the dump.
Yes the dumps work. You can also do the same for your Axe-II.

I have not tried it.. I have not had much success doing anything PC->Axe-II->MFC. Plus, I'm thinking you would need to do that via MIDI cable and not CAT5 anyway.

I hook up my trusty UNO or 2x2 and go MIDI direct, using C6 (midiOx and SendSx do not work well with my PC and the MFC) to capture and save the dump.
Yes the dumps work. You can also do the same for your Axe-II.

OK; thank you for your response. I'm aware that this has to be done via MIDI-cable and not CAT5. It's just that the backups are once in a while and right now I do not have a(ny) MIDI-device like the M-Audio UNO to do this; so I was wondering if this would be possible through the Axe-Fx 2.

Back
Top Bottom