Question re: re-amping

Inspired
Guys, when you use USB on the Axe, you can record so you get two tracks, one amped, one dry. The dry one can be re-amped later...
Now, my question is specifically regarding when an analogue expression pedal [such as a standard wah connected to the pedal jack] is used whilst recording [to control wah or volume or whammy, etc], not a MIDI controller. Obviously the use of the pedal will be heard on the wet track, but when you re-amp the dry track do the movements of the expression pedal get memorised in your sequencer/recording program? Or you do have to move the pedal about again as re-amping takes place? [i.e. you're doing roughly the same thing with the pedal again, just not actually playing the guitar as it's already recorded and just running through the Axe being re-amped].
If the movements are not memorised, I don't know if that's such a bad thing after all, because you would have the option of changing your mind during re-amping and replacing the wah with something like a formant filter, whammy or whatever. Or even changing your 'performance' [i.e. different foot movements] but still using the exact same foot-controlled effect as was used in the wet track.

The movements are not memorized. You have to move the wah during the reamp process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom