Question on the expression pedal for two functions. How?

Read my first post...

Only exp 2 ports, want to use extra buttons so only one left for a pedal. MIDI both occupied too. Biggest Fractal dissapointment ever when I looked at the back and only saw 2 exp ports... First world problem.

https://piratemidi.com/pages/bridge-6 !!!!
Flexiports!!! WANT!!! NEED!!!
Perhaps submitting a request over at the wish list is a good idea. It seems like it would be easy for Fractal to implement scene changes to controllers as well. Sounds like a really powerful idea, actually.

Otherwise, it sounds like it's time to upgrade to an FM9 if you enjoy the FM3 form factor. Fractal units hold their value exceptionally well, so it wouldn't be too bad after you sold your old unit.

Perhaps submitting a request over at the wish list is a good idea. It seems like it would be easy for Fractal to implement scene changes to controllers as well. Sounds like a really powerful idea, actually.
The Controllers "block" has channels and already supports changing via scenes or other options ;)

Read my first post...

Only exp 2 ports, want to use extra buttons so only one left for a pedal. MIDI both occupied too. Biggest Fractal dissapointment ever when I looked at the back and only saw 2 exp ports... First world problem.

https://piratemidi.com/pages/bridge-6 !!!!
Flexiports!!! WANT!!! NEED!!!

If you have room for another expression pedal on your board, why not just use an analog volume pedal on the output(s)?

If you have room for another expression pedal on your board, why not just use an analog volume pedal on the output(s)?
A volume pedal on the output would probably sound very odd... Any ambient effects would be reduced in volume.

At the input would be more typical, however some like their volume at a specific location in the signal chain, like after the Amp (and/or Cab) but before time-based effects.

A volume pedal on the output would probably sound very odd... Any ambient effects would be reduced in volume.

At the input would be more typical, however some like their volume at a specific location in the signal chain, like after the Amp (and/or Cab) but before time-based effects.

It’s not odd - it’s the same as reaching down and changing the physical output knob or having FoH adjust level in the mains, which is sometimes what is desired (for example, the player may very well want the post-FX to come down too). But yes it affects entire level, and is different from changing post-amp/pre-FX volume and different from changing the input. On my board I do all 3 - but I have 4 XPDLs and 8 external switches :) unlike OP who has only one XPDL available.

What is the controllers block? Sounds interesting.
I think it may refer to the channels indication on the modifiers page. When I first saw
that I got excited thinking "wow, I can vary my modifiers by channel here", but no, not as far as I could determine.

I think it may refer to the channels indication on the modifiers page. When I first saw
that I got excited thinking "wow, I can vary my modifiers by channel here", but no, not as far as I could determine.
Ahhh, yep me too, I thought this was something new that I hadn't seen and was like, hmmmm!

Probably CS per Scene on the Controllers page, 6 Control Switches and the state can be set for each scene. As such, one could have an expression pedal assigned to control 2 different effects and then by scene make them mutually exclusive active (1 bypassed when other is active). But this doesn't quite work for the OP in this scenario as he wants the volume to still be engaged so he can set it at some arbitrary level and hold that value.

You can vary modifiers by the channel of the modifiers...

You can vary modifiers by the channel of the modifiers...
I know we can have a modifier operate on only 1 channel of the block containing the control being modified by setting the "channel" parameter in the modifier's edit screen - are you saying that, in addition, a given modifier can have different sets of modifier parameters for each "Control Channel" - I'll be ecstatic if this is possible, but I don't see it working in the example below - ie: if I change a value in the modifier #12 edit screen below (ie damping) and then go to a new "Control Channel" and re-edit modifier #12, the value is changed there also (doesn't allow for unique values across multiple Control channels).

1671077495386.png

I know we can have a modifier operate on only 1 channel of the block containing the control being modified by setting the "channel" parameter in the modifier's edit screen - are you saying that, in addition, a given modifier can have different sets of modifier parameters for each "Control Channel" - I'll be ecstatic if this is possible, but I don't see it working in the example below - ie: if I change a value in the modifier #12 edit screen below (ie damping) and then go to a new "Control Channel" and re-edit modifier #12, the value is changed there also (doesn't allow for unique values across multiple Control channels).

View attachment 112683
External 6 is not an internal controller, such as ADSR, Pitch Follower, etc... The Controller channels applies to internal controllers ;)

Edit:

And what you change in the channels are the controller settings, not the modifier settings.

External 6 is not an internal controller, such as ADSR, Pitch Follower, etc... The Controller channels applies to internal controllers ;)

Edit:

And what you change in the channels are the controller settings, not the modifier settings.
yes, I understood that - my post above should have said "on the controllers page" (not "on the "modifiers" page). None-the-less, it is something that, when one first looks at it, is a bit confusing because: When one goes to the "controllers" page from the grid, "modifiers" appears in the listed items there, and since there is an A/B/C/D channel control on the controllers page beside the listed items of which "modifiers" is one, users may logically expect that the 32 "modifier" definitions can be different across the 4 Control channels - they cannot. My post above was just referring to that confusion which I experienced some time ago - modifiers are not included in the Control ABCD you initially referred to.

Back
Top Bottom