Question for Friedman asm-12 owners

Hey Georgy, what are you plugging the ENGL into ?

Hey Pete,

So I'm running the ENGL into a Friedman 2x12 cab.. I actually thought about getting a second Friedman 2x12 but they're RIDICULOUSLY expensive @ $1640 brand new from Deluxe Guitars which is dearer than the ASM! Thankfully the voice of reason in my mind stepped in said 'George.. calm the f_ck down, you have the ASM, why not use that with your Axe+ENGL+2x12 setup so that you have stereo..?'

So now, one half of my rig stereo rig is FRFR (ASM) the other half is 'old faithful' tube amp with 2x12.. And it sounds excellent!

Hey Pete,

So I'm running the ENGL into a Friedman 2x12 cab.. I actually thought about getting a second Friedman 2x12 but they're RIDICULOUSLY expensive @ $1640 brand new from Deluxe Guitars which is dearer than the ASM! Thankfully the voice of reason in my mind stepped in said 'George.. calm the f_ck down, you have the ASM, why not use that with your Axe+ENGL+2x12 setup so that you have stereo..?'

So now, one half of my rig stereo rig is FRFR (ASM) the other half is 'old faithful' tube amp with 2x12.. And it sounds excellent!

thanks for posting Georgy. Nice looking setup. Sorry I missed you at the Basin MF, but lost my ear plugs somewhere throughout the day. I made it as far as 1 band before yours but my ears already have constant tinnitus and the bands were just killing me (I looked a bit dorly sitting in the corner with my fingers in my ears :cool: )

BTW - do you still have an ASM for sale ?

thanks for posting Georgy. Nice looking setup. Sorry I missed you at the Basin MF, but lost my ear plugs somewhere throughout the day. I made it as far as 1 band before yours but my ears already have constant tinnitus and the bands were just killing me (I looked a bit dorly sitting in the corner with my fingers in my ears :cool: )

BTW - do you still have an ASM for sale ?

All good Pete, all good mate. Not so good to hear about your earplugs mate :( that's a bugger.

I sold that second ASM about a month ago I reckon.. I do have a little regret selling it, but at least this way, I can do FRFR + 'normal' in stereo which so far sounds bloody good!

Just ordered a second ASM-12. Sweetwater had a returned one for $719, so I jumped on it. I'm so used to playing in stereo with my studio monitors and before that 2 Atomic FRFR cabs that I'd like to continue with my stereo patches.

Just ordered a second ASM-12. Sweetwater had a returned one for $719, so I jumped on it. I'm so used to playing in stereo with my studio monitors and before that 2 Atomic FRFR cabs that I'd like to continue with my stereo patches.

Holy crap, $719! Man, that is great. They are so new that basically that IS new. :)

I need to get another one. I saw a few pics of folks with the stereo setup and makes me really jealous.

Sweetwater seems to still have an open-box ASM-12 for $719 if anyone's interested. From talking to the Sweetwater rep, I gather that someone bought a pair and returned them. If anyone's looking for one in stock with warranty at a discount, I'd snag it.

Sweetwater seems to still have an open-box ASM-12 for $719 if anyone's interested. From talking to the Sweetwater rep, I gather that someone bought a pair and returned them. If anyone's looking for one in stock with warranty at a discount, I'd snag it.

I wish I lived in USA. Your prices for gear are frickin' great. ASM-12 in Australia = $1495. If I import one myself for $799USD (about $1100 AUD) + customs + shipping, I end up at the same price. It makes the gear gluttony very stressful for the bank account, the wife (and then me :eek:) all this adds up to massive envy and :sadface:

I wish I lived in USA. Your prices for gear are frickin' great. ASM-12 in Australia = $1495. If I import one myself for $799USD (about $1100 AUD) + customs + shipping, I end up at the same price. It makes the gear gluttony very stressful for the bank account, the wife (and then me :eek:) all this adds up to massive envy and :sadface:

Yeah, but you guys get the hottest women and the deadliest snakes so I think we are even.

:)

Yeah, but you guys get the hottest women and the deadliest snakes so I think we are even.

And don't forget about the drop bears ... never forget about the drop bears ...

1028px-Dropbear.jpg

I can't argue with the fact that Australia has hot women. Maybe it's something you guys put in the water down there.

Friedman #2 arrives tomorrow. I'm seriously curious as to how 2 ASM-12s would keep up with a 4*12 powered by a JCM 800 or somesuch. I've read some posts that lead me to believe that they'd have no problem.

Over the weekend I hooked up my one remaining Atomic Reactor series 50 watt powered FRFR cab to run in stereo with my ASM-12. The differences between them were pretty stark. The Atomic sounded good, but the ASM-12 just sounded bigger and fuller. I think it's a pretty big upgrade.

I can't argue with the fact that Australia has hot women. Maybe it's something you guys put in the water down there.

Friedman #2 arrives tomorrow. I'm seriously curious as to how 2 ASM-12s would keep up with a 4*12 powered by a JCM 800 or some such. I've read some posts that lead me to believe that they'd have no problem.

Over the weekend I hooked up my one remaining Atomic Reactor series 50 watt powered FRFR cab to run in stereo with my ASM-12. The differences betweenro

I'll be over with beer and chips about 8 o'clock. :)

Seriously though, I'm really curious to see what you think with two. I'm sure it is going to sound phenomenal and will put a dent in my wallet. :)

Hey a couple quick questions as I know you've had your Friedman for a while.
Does the cab sit and sound okay, if you angle it in a 2x12 orientation, upside down, so the handle sits on top? And can you remove and flip the grill to compensate?
Thanks man!

Hey a couple quick questions as I know you've had your Friedman for a while.
Does the cab sit and sound okay, if you angle it in a 2x12 orientation, upside down, so the handle sits on top? And can you remove and flip the grill to compensate?
Thanks man!

My ASM sounds fine in both the standard horizontal (wedge) position, however I mainly have it positioned in the upright/vertical position so that the rest of the band can hear it better because of the sound dispersion.

In terms of how you're proposing to do it, can't say I've tried it.. could be worth trying though for something different! I remember taking the grill off once, so yeah I reckon it could be done............... maybe.. Why you'd want to do that I don't know..

Back
Top Bottom