Question about updates and block changes within a scene

Hi All,

Question: Will updating the firmware on the Axe FX 3 affect or change block parameters that are already programmed into scenes within a preset?

The reason I ask is that I have a particular preset programmed for a particular song. I haven't used this preset for 6 months but I have updated the firmware a few times in that span. In this preset I have two scenes, one for the opening or lead volume and another scene at reduced volume for when vocals start (I use the Line Level block to adjust levels). When I used this preset last weekend the volumes were reversed from 6 months ago. The programmed louder lead scene was now quieter than the programmed quiet scene which was now very loud. I know that it wasn't this way the last time I used this preset, so what the heck happened?

I can only imagine that the change had something to do with updates. If updates do affect blocks within programmed presets and scenes, that is a big problem. I'm hoping there is some other explanation for this happening because I can't spend hours programming presets only to have them changed by an update. If updates DON'T affect the programmed blocks within scenes then it's a mystery to me.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Party

firmware doesn't change any settings unless it's a new parameter being added, and that new parameter is adjusted usually to not affect the sound of any presets on the device.

what can happen is that a firmware update changes the algorithms in the blocks - usually the amp block - and what 5 on Bass meant before is slightly different. this doesn't happen too often though, and the release notes would typically say when there are changes.

what is a "Line Level Block"?

any number of things could have happened to your preset, but i doubt a firmware update reversed your levels. if you give us more details or even upload the preset here, we could help more.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response.

Correction, Filter block not Line Level Block (going from memory).

Something changed. Could have been an amp block that I'm using that was changed by the firmware update. I'll check which amp block it was this weekend when I'll be using the Axe FX 3. It was likely a Fender but I'll double check on that.

Thanks again for your help.
Party

Back
Top Bottom