1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about TM block controls

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Tone Match' started by Billbill, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Three main controls I'm curious about in the TM block. Now, I've done numerous tonematches but input is always USB and sum L/R on the other two options. Why does it default to input 2 and why are there options to select left or right on both?

2. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

?

3. Bakerman

Bakerman
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

It has to default to something. Gear can be connected to input 2 for non-USB tone matching applications.

The channel selection can be convenient sometimes. If you have different tones balanced L/R and a recording done the same way this makes it easy to make/export two matches without adjusting DAW or other block settings.

4. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Ok cool thanks!

5. crg123

crg123
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Embarrassed to say that this took me forever to figured out and I never understood why my tone matches sounds so bad.... I never switched to USB for the match. DOH! Now it's a dream come true and use it all the time

Too bad I ignored it for years due to that dumb mistake...

Billbill likes this.