Question about the AX8 presets

jerjabs

I'm going thru the standard preloaded presets and many of them seem to have the "Master Volume" always defaulting to 10 even when that particular amp seems to be known as a "clean" amp. The "Deluxe Tweed" and "Vibro King" are two that default to 10. Is that right or did I do something that is causing those presets to start off with the the master cranked?

If that is incorrect, is there a way to reset only the factory presets to their default settings?

THANKS!!!!

I'm going thru the standard preloaded presets and many of them seem to have the "Master Volume" always defaulting to 10 even when that particular amp seems to be known as a "clean" amp. The "Deluxe Tweed" and "Vibro King" are two that default to 10. Is that right or did I do something that is causing those presets to start off with the the master cranked?
That's the way it's supposed to be. Check out which models have Master Volume cranked to 10. They're all models of amps that have no Master Volume control— which is the same thing as cranking MV all the way up.

Last edited:
high master volume doesn't immediately mean "distortion." it depends how the amp is designed.

Dont forget that the settings on a real amp will not match up to the ones from the AX8 amp block... You will need to adjust by ear

Dont forget that the settings on a real amp will not match up to the ones from the AX8 amp block... You will need to adjust by ear

I always thought that AX8 settings mirrored those of the modelled amp? i.e. If you set Bass, Middle and Treble to noon on the AX8 that it would be the same as doing it on the real amp that was used for the model.

Who's right Cliff?

Manual, p 48. “If a real amp doesn’t have a Master, the “correct” setting for MASTER is 10.0—aka, “wide open.””

Back
Top Bottom