Question about Song / Set Operation Modes and MFC-Edit

Japster

Inspired
Hello,

Am thinking about moving to Song and Set operation modes on the MFC and have the latest MFC-Edit program.

From what I understand, I have to do this in a particular order :-
1) Create MFC Preset
2) Assign at least 1 MFC Preset to a Song
3) Assign Songs to Sets

My questions are........

a) When Creating MFC Presets, do I have to set the Initial IA, MFC External switches and the MFC External Pedal settings ? OR will it know these settings from the AxeFX when the preset is chosen if nothing is set at MFC preset level?
b) Am I right in thinking the number of MFC Presets per song depends on the Global Bank Size set on the MFC ?

Any help appreciated :)

Song / Set mode operation and MFC-Edit

Hi Japster;
Here's probably what you want to do:
  • Download a SysEx dump from your MFC-101
  • Open that file with MFC-Edit
  • Go to the SONGS tab and enter your song names and at least one MFC-101 Preset # in the first column for each Song
  • -- at this point its ready to be used in SONG peformance mode and you could save and upload the SysEx file to your MFC-101, or
  • Go to the SETS tab and create a SET (double-click the column-header to change the name). Right-click the mouse anywhere on the SETS tab and choose "Popup Songs Palette"
  • Drag and drop SONGs from the palette into your SET.
  • -- at this point you can save the file and upload it to your MFC-101 and use either or both the SONG and SET performance modes.

You can of course use PRESET mode as well. By default there is a 1-1 correlation between the MFC-101 Preset # and the target Preset # in the Axe-Fx that will be selected, but this can be changed.

This method will not change any settings that are already in your MFC-101, only the SONGs and SETs that you change. You can change the IA Switches, External Switches and Expression Pedals etc. but they will be unaltered unless you explicitly change them.

Did this answer your question?
-G

Hi,

I've given the instructions above a go and seemed to be getting there but have run into some problems........

1) When in the Song Screen on MFC-EDIT Column 1 displays "-1" for all songs and I cannot edit this column, is this normal behavior ?
2) Having ignored the above I put all my Song / Preset mappings in Column 2 of the songs page, but now the Upload to MFC via Fractal Bot with the modified MFC file is failing.
The Bot transfer seems to be completing before the MFC reverts to the Update Sysex Load screen reappears. Sometimes it gets as far as Loading Songs, sometimes as far as loading Sets, but never completes.

Do I need to adjust the Midi Buffer ? Currently set at 150ms

Cheers

UPDATE : Did a Sysex Dump of the MFC, Reloaded the Firmware 3.05, reloaded the most recent backup which completed this time
HOWEVER : Although the Songs / Sets are in there, Song Mode and Set Mode give some weird results, I'm thinking its because of 1) above

Will upload a screenshot of the MFC-Edit Song Screen in a bit

MFC-Edit Problem.jpg

Last edited:
The -1 is definitely wrong.

Please go to the Extras tab and click the "View Error Log" button. Copy/Paste the entire contents into an email, attach your SysEx file and email it to suppor@mfc-edit.com and I'll take a loook at it for you.
-G

Also, it looks like you loaded a SysEx file from an MFC-101 that has it's display offset set to '1' and then changed it in the interface to be equal to '0' or vice versa.

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

Just sent the files and error logs as requested, along with my sysex dump.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for the email support today, the Factory Reset on the MFC and reloading of the Firmware put things back right with the Song Screen.
I've managed to successfully edit a Sysex Dump with Songs and Sets and upload to MFC with no problems at all. Corrupt MFC data it seems to have been. :roll

Thanks, :D

Craig

Back
Top Bottom