Question about Shreddy Death Metal tone "fizziness"?

As I've said many times now i am aware they are insanely loud and warned people as such, and once finding the preset leveling tool i went through them all turning all of them down to a sane level (as well as doing many other things mentioned here to eliminate the fizz, which worked excellently to varying degrees preset to preset (on some it totally eliminated it, on some i had to do much more, on some i still can't get rid of it). But thank you all for all your advice besides the obvious just "turn it down".
IF you've figured out the levelling, and eliminated all the clipping (on the input of the Axe, on the output of the axe, on the input of your interface, on the mix bus of your DAW" then it may be time to post another clip of what is still making the sound. The clipping was the most obfious thing in your previous clips. Glad you're seeing some of them get sorted out!

It seems like the Axe FX's are particularly popular with metal, and in particular shreddy chug chug tremolo picking death metal at that (which is what I personally am going for with ONE of the aesthetics I try to nail with this thing) and I've come up with a lot of tones i love to death (no pun intended) however though they sound better through my 8" KRK Rockit 8 studio monitor speakers and KRK 12" subwoofer I live in a situation where I can't play stuff like that through speakers quite often and have to use headphones and this problem is MUCH worse through headphones I've noticed.

Though many of them sound awesome (I think anyway) many of them sound a bit too "fizzy" (as i've heard many describe tones as here pretty accurately) and it's FAR worse through headphones, and I don't get why or how to maintain the extreme high gain i'm used to and love (and kind of need for that kind of music) without introducing the fizziness (i notice it most/worst like say if i let a palm mute ring out, which I in the past was always able to do with real tube amps as well as other modelers, but with this one even with the input jacked up to a pretty tight gate, i've noticed though most of the tone sounds good, if does spit out fizz way too easily to the point where I would very much love to learn how to curb it.

Going to try to attach a bunch of screenshots of axe edit of one example of a very hot/high gain death metal preset that sounds awesome (to me) except devolves into fizziness way too easy if anyone notices anything I should do to rid myself of the fizziness and so in.

The guitar in question btw is an ESP E-II Horizon II with EMG 57/66 active pickups (57 in the bridge).

(in the patch both amps are the same and the cab settings are the same too just one is a rectifier straight and the other is the USA Mc 90 4x12)

Thanks!

I've spent 2 years trying to get IR's to sound right, can't do it, yesterday I spent four hours trying to get one little passage to sound right, I gave up. I thought about what a real speaker might sound like and just as an experiment sent a feed to my little Marshall. It sounded great. There's a 57 and an Apex 435 ( $100 ) there, the Apex sounded great, also when I changed the boost settings from like a cc boost to a shred boost for example, the difference in feel and tone was more noticeable, I don't know how to explain it other than it felt more alive. The following setup, especially for lead tones, really worked, I'm going to pickup another little Marshall so I can go stereo. As for IRs', after a 100 or so hours of fighting with them, I give up.
20231201_182855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom