Question about playing through cab-lab

efx

Inspired
I have this idea that I thought I'd try and that is to bypass the cab block on my patches and in logic load up an instance of cab-lab as a plugin and run the cab simulation through there.

This works fine when I for example have a prerecorded track with no cab on it but when I'm playing through it "live" as it were I hear both the pre-cab sounds from the axe-fx as well as the processed cab sound coming through in Logic.

I use the axe-fx as my audio interface as well so maybe this isn't doable but is there a way to mute the output sound from the axe-fx so that the only thing I hear is the end result coming through cablab in logic? Or would I need a separate audio interface that can feed the post-logic signal to my speakers/headphones instead?

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Last edited:
You're monitoring the input channel in Logic along with the output channel. If I knew Logic, i could tell you how to turn that off. :)

Great, so it sounds like it's doable then :) Thanks so much and hopefully someone who knows how to do this in Logic canhelp me out.

Great, so it sounds like it's doable then :) Thanks so much and hopefully someone who knows how to do this in Logic canhelp me out.
I found this in a brief Google search:

Turn on input monitoring for an audio track
  • Click the Input Monitoring button (with the “I” icon) in the track header.

Click the Input Monitoring button again to turn off input monitoring for the track.

Back
Top Bottom