Question about live use with a foot controller (MFC probably)

Orvillain

Power User
Heya, I've got a question about live usage, in particular foot controllers. I'm thinking the MFC, but this applies to any of them I suppose.

If you don't want a single patch per sound that you use in a set, and rather want to emulate a traditional amp channel changing situation, how would you go about this?

I'd need to setup a clean, crunch, high-gain rhythm, and high-gain lead. I'd then want to be able to switch between them, whilst retaining any of the effects are currently armed. So lets say I'm on clean with delay and reverb going into the front of the amp, how would I switch the amp from clean to high-gain lead without losing my effects. Is this possible???

Also, with something like the MFC101, would it be possible to assign one button to "global effects disable" so that whatever effects I've got loaded, I could disable them all, whilst leaving the amp enabled??

Sorry for being a n00b! I'm considering moving from my Fryette Sig X to a Axe-FX II and a Matrix power amp, but I'm unsure how quickly I'd be able to get setup. I'm not a fan of one-sound-per-preset kind of setups. I want a more traditional footboard layout, but all the sound coming from the Axe FX. I see from the manual you can only have two amp blocks, which is why I'm a bit puzzled as to how I would achieve this.

Cheers!

Set up a preset with two amps, each with X/Y configuration, Set up your IAs to switch from one amp to the other (such as with a mixer block) and an X/Y amp switch and you're set. 4 amp possibilities, two switches.

The Axe II and MFC operate pretty much this way by default. Five preset amps, ten effects switches, two dedicated to tap tempo and tuner. The Axe Fx allows you to set up any effects you want in each preset, and have them be on or off by default. So if you want to go from crystal clear Fender Deluxe with a nice chorus to a screaming Soldano SLO with delay or flanging, you can do so with ease.

As far as a global FX disable, I don't know of one but someone else might. Another MFC option is to assign 10 presets and 5 FX (which is as many FX as an average floorboard probably has) then set up a completely dry version and wet version above or however suits you. I'm sure the setup will do what you want, and more.

Awesome dudes. Just to confirm the recommendation from Patzag... Would it be possible to do the same thing but with four switches? Because that would allow me queue up a change... For example:

Switch 1 - Amp 1
Switch 2 - Amp 2
Switch 3 - Amp 1 X/Y
Switch 4 - Amp 2 X/Y

That would be the ideal setup for me, with the other switches above assigned to each effect in my patch. I could then be on Amp 1, set to a Deluxe Reverb clean tone, and decide before I actually need to, whether Amp 2 is high-gain rhythm or high-gain lead.

Awesome, thankyou very much guys. One last question (I promise) but is there any lag when switching this stuff, or is it near instantaneous??

Back
Top Bottom