Question about IR issues

I just open Cab Lab 3 and connect it to the Axe Fx 2 via MIDI. I load a .IR file and audition it with through the Axe Fx 2 scratchpad in the cab block. Then I import the .IR file into a user preset. Once I recall the ir in my Axe Fx 2 it sounds different than the original.

I just open Cab Lab 3 and connect it to the Axe Fx 2 via MIDI. I load a .IR file and audition it with through the Axe Fx 2 scratchpad in the cab block. Then I import the .IR file into a user preset. Once I recall the ir in my Axe Fx 2 it sounds different than the original.

Please post in detail the exact steps. So far I am unable to reproduce this (see the Bugs subforum for the steps I took). Also post the firmware version, Cab-Lab 3 version (left click on the Cab-Lab logo) and model of Axe-Fx II.

Thank you for your response. I tried it on my laptop by doing a fresh install the latest Cab Lab 3 and it seem to work, but I'm using Mackie CR 3 which are not as detailed a my BM6a with a BM9s sub in my studio. I'll do a fresh install in my main Mac and see if that works. I'm using Quantum 2.04 with Axe Fx 2 Mark 2 and Cab Lab version 3.3.0 Once I do this, I'll get back to you. thanks

Thank you for your response. I tried it on my laptop by doing a fresh install the latest Cab Lab 3 and it seem to work, but I'm using Mackie CR 3 which are not as detailed a my BM6a with a BM9s sub in my studio. I'll do a fresh install in my main Mac and see if that works. I'm using Quantum 2.04 with Axe Fx 2 Mark 2 and Cab Lab version 3.3.0 Once I do this, I'll get back to you. thanks

I repeated my tests from yesterday (see Bugs forum) on a Mark II and compared the results to the XL+. No differences measured. Everything is working exactly as designed and expected.

It appears to be working now! I just re installed Cab Lab 3. I've been mixing professionally for 15 years and I still believe that many of the IR's lack a bit of top end. I have really good gear to record and comparing my tone with real cabinets and I have to increase the air around 8 to 10kHz at about 15% or sometimes more. When I make my own IR's I use a hardware SSL eq to boost the highs a bit

Back
Top Bottom