Question about FM9 and EV PXM-12MP Floor Monitor

For anyone using the EV PXM-12MP powered Floor Monitor, When you build your patch are you using cab simulation, or taking out the IR because the monitor IS a speaker?
Thinking of getting one, just trying to decide if I need it or not (I could always use my Bose S1 but it's kind of shaping the tone not in a good way).

For anyone using the EV PXM-12MP powered Floor Monitor, When you build your patch are you using cab simulation, or taking out the IR because the monitor IS a speaker?
Thinking of getting one, just trying to decide if I need it or not (I could always use my Bose S1 but it's kind of shaping the tone not in a good way).
I'm using cab emulation, like most with PXMs I think, because the speaker is an FRFR, not a guitar speaker. It's somewhat close to flat, very unlike a guitar cab.

The typical Bose is not as flat as an FRFR should be.

It might be good to review FRFR in the Wiki as it covers all the issues. That entire page has a lot of good information.

I use the Monitor 2 setting in my EVs, I use headphones with a compensating EQ curve at stage volume when adjusting the EQ of my presets, and find that the sound on stage is very good. Sometimes I adjust the low end using the global EQ if the stage resonates just to reduce the floor shaking.

Sweeping a Synth->Out 1, where the Synth is using a sine wave, makes it easy to pinpoint the frequency where the resonance is hiding. Add the Synth frequency to the Performance control for that preset makes it easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom