Queensrÿche: Operation Mindcrime in FULL

Good grief there are some very kind words here! This was quite a chunk of work to sit down and really try to get every nuance down, so the feedback is quite overwhelming - thank you so much!

To the question about the mix - no these aren't backing tracks, I've just layered my guitars over the top of the original (there aren't any backing tracks of sufficient quality, and I wanted these to be the best I could make them, so I had to record over the original unfortunately).

And to the chap who called me 'Mr Degarmo' - that is truly the highest and most ridiculous compliment I could ever get! Thank you SO much! \m/

I had the good fortune of catching these guys in Detroit at Harpos back in the day. The Chord progressions and unmistakable and heavyyy...... Killer work bro those Friedman patches are perfect for this. I admire you meticulous commitment to bust all these out. Thanks and nice playing - Kinger

Tell me how you how'd you manage Logic here? just drop in song file and then set yourself in the mix? Any nuances that might be helpful would be appreciated - Kinger

Thank you so much Kinger! Yeah, nothing fancy - drop the song file in (I set that volume to about -6 as that gave me plenty of headroom for my guitars) and then just record all the guitar parts over it (some parts I couldn't video myself doing as I was limited to having 2 of 'me' per video!). I tended to boost the highs around 2k and cut the lows around 80 but no serious EQ-ing (due to the track being there). If it was a backing track I'd take a bit more care with the EQ.

MIND. BLOWN.

Absolutely fantastic job. One of my favorite albums of all time. Great choices of guitars, too… are you using stock pickups in that LP?

Thank you SeasonOfPain! Yeah all those guitars are just stock - for me, they are perfect as they are! Although the Tele is in need of a hell of a setup - its tricky playing Suite Sister Mary with the action about 12 ft from the fretboard haha!

Hey Alex - I'm glad you got them all back up and working again because this is some of the best guitar-work out there!

Thank you! Thats a hell of a compliment! Yeah it was turmoil to say the least, but at least its kinda sorted itself out now!

Great work, great album. Respect for the dedication to power through that project. Very cool. I'll never forget the day when I heard Queen of the Reiche for the first time. Then The Warning came out, mind blown.

Great work, great album. Respect for the dedication to power through that project. Very cool. I'll never forget the day when I heard Queen of the Reiche for the first time. Then The Warning came out, mind blown.

Thank you! I agree, when CDG was part of this band, they just ticked ALL of my boxes!

Your playing and your tone makes pure magic out of this. Really impressive work. You could really sell your presets around here. Do you remember which IR you used for it ? i really want to give a try at recreating this tone since im a big fan and i enjoy playing this album as a whole.

Anyway, congrats again !! wonderful job and playing !!

These are amazeballs!

Seriously, if the CDG replacement ever leaves, you should send their management the link to these videos as your calling card. Heck, you should send a link to Geoff Tate as well.

Back
Top Bottom