Quantum or Ares Firmware?

btbed

Hello Everyone,

Here with Axe 2 XL +... just wondering how many of you recommend and use either firmware release?
Also I have a few U2 Preset packs from Edo Sounds. Is it recommended to stay on older firmware for best sound of those (as not updated yet) without tweaking gains?

Thanks guys

Ares, all day long, the modelling is just flat out superior. Although it will mess with presets created on Quantum, it's nothing you can't fix with a bit of tweaking.

With proper backup and restore techniques, easy enough to use your ears and decide youself, but most agree that Ares is worth the effort (or better still, sell your IIXL+ And cop a III......;)

I waited and adopted Ares late, but I've been struggling with it ever since. The problem is that (because I'm in a cover band covering lots of different material and styles), I have since made lots of new presets under Ares, and I cannot really revert back to Quantum anymore. My own fault, but it's really too bad because Quantum was much easier for me. If I could go back in time, I would read the signs better, realize Ares doesn't cut it for me, cut my losses, revert to Quantum and live happy for the rest of my XL's life. However, most likely, you will read nothing but praise for Ares here...

They both are honestly really great. I went to Ares and had to spend a hell of a lot of time tweaking things to get them sounding right. It was certainly worth it....but man was it a lot of adjusting.

I installed Ares 1 and went back to 10 (had great backups).
Now wondering if 2 would have fixed those issues.
The other question: It has worked this long.... Why change.

Back
Top Bottom