• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Quantum 1.05 Hot Kitty test - Drop-D noodling - cleanish and heavy

Alex C

Inspired
Here's some noodling using the 1.05 firmware.

I used a Kiesel DC727 into an Axe-Fx II MkI using Quantum 1.05 firmware.

The amp model is the Hot Kitty into the Vox Beatle 4x12 cab that was part of the "UltraRes Samples" from a few firmwares ago.

No tweaks to default amp settings other than B-M-T and:
INPUT DRIVE: 3.42
MASTER VOLUME: 5.69

The "Single Coil" clip is the bridge pickup split to single coil mode, with the guitar volume knob set at about 80% and not touched for the duration of the clip in order to get a feel for the touch sensitivity of this model.

The "Humbucker" clip is with the bridge humbucker with the guitar volume all the way up, and a FAS Boost drive is engaged for the fun stuff at the end.

"Racecar" is the bridge humbucker all the way up, with no drive.

Alex C

Inspired
I had updated from 1.02 to what I thought was the most recent firmware in order to investigate the changes that affect the Hot Kitty (as well as the Class-A 15W TB, Class-A 30W TB, and Matchbox D-30).

I realized later that those changes are part of 1.06, which is currently only available through the 1.06 release thread on the forum; the most recent firmware on the Fractal "Product Downloads" page is still 1.05, so that's what I ended up with.

This will be a good opportunity for me to install 1.06 and record some more noodlage to compare.

Top Bottom