Quantum 1.01 on Axe FX II Mark II, output signal clipping terribly, noise and feedbac

Keith,
Very rarely, a few firmware downloads are corrupted. The first thing I would suggest is to re-download the firmware (not use the already downloaded file) and re-install the firmware.
Once you've done that, reset system parameters and reboot the unit IMMEDIATELY after resetting the parameters.
Then - make a blank preset with just an amp and a cab and listen to it. You can use pretty much any amp and they should sound good without ANY tweaks except (maybe) input drive and BMT.

If that does not resolve it, let us know. More help is available here!

It's not a mere update. It's years of work coming from 9 and skipping over everything else :) I'd treat this like getting a completely new hardware unit... For free. Definitely worth it though.

I have confidence in Fractal,and the support of kind folks as yourself, just aggravating is all. I'm hoping to get some of the cool new tones I've been seeing on the Internet. I will try this week to get things in order, I'll keep you informed of the results.

Keith,
Very rarely, a few firmware downloads are corrupted. The first thing I would suggest is to re-download the firmware (not use the already downloaded file) and re-install the firmware.
Once you've done that, reset system parameters and reboot the unit IMMEDIATELY after resetting the parameters.
Then - make a blank preset with just an amp and a cab and listen to it. You can use pretty much any amp and they should sound good without ANY tweaks except (maybe) input drive and BMT.

If that does not resolve it, let us know. More help is available here! ��

Sounds good, that's Patzag! Will do!

Before installing the new factory presets you should use Fractal-Bot to fully backup (system, presets and user cabs) your AxeFX as it stands now.

Besides being good practice before doing any form of updating on the AxeFX, backing up now will also give you a reference to any of your user presets that you had.

If you were to update to all the new Factory Preset Banks then you would be overwriting any of your user presets, but with a backup done you can access your user presets in Axe-Edit by opening the backup files and either audition and tweak them to suit Quantum before sending to the AxeFX or simply use Axe-Edit's display to show you the grid layout and settings you previously used and you can reference these to manually create the presets again.

Backing up is really important and will save your ass someday so try and get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis - after tweaking and saving presets or before doing FW updates especially.

Before installing the new factory presets you should use Fractal-Bot to fully backup (system, presets and user cabs) your AxeFX as it stands now.

Besides being good practice before doing any form of updating on the AxeFX, backing up now will also give you a reference to any of your user presets that you had.

If you were to update to all the new Factory Preset Banks then you would be overwriting any of your user presets, but with a backup done you can access your user presets in Axe-Edit by opening the backup files and either audition and tweak them to suit Quantum before sending to the AxeFX or simply use Axe-Edit's display to show you the grid layout and settings you previously used and you can reference these to manually create the presets again.

Backing up is really important and will save your ass someday so try and get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis - after tweaking and saving presets or before doing FW updates especially.

Thanks for the info maxdown! Will do!

You mentioned an audio interface - is it USB by chance? Did you adjust the USB return level?
Thanks Gizmo!
I'm connecting 1/4" outputs from the axefx II to the 1/4" input on my audio interface.
I actually have the issue when using headphones in to the axefx.

Back
Top Bottom