QSC K12's Users?

I had QSC K10 that I liked for live use- but when I went direct in a recording studio I discovered how colored the monitors were. All my patches were a bit thin and brittle sounding.

I tried the high pass, but all that did was make my patches going out to FOH have too much bass. I prefer the filter in the cab block, and I stand mine up. Some stages are boomier than others as well, with any cab.

Actually, I do both. 85Hz or higher Low cut in the cab block and the Ext Sub. Also, Hi cut around 7500 Hz in cab block.

Just sent a direct feed to house K12s and, for the first time the FOH turned up my treble a touch. I call that victory in terms of tone shaping :)

I just tried out a K12 today. It's the first time I've run my Axe through a powered monitor. So while I don't have anything to compare it to, I can say I liked the sound overall. I did end up turning down a lot of Bass EQ, even on top of a cab lo cut of around 120hz. Once I did that, I felt the my patches sounded quite good. I would love to compare to something else.

The K12, at 41 lbs, is quite heavy.
K10

Back
Top Bottom