QSC K10.2 vs Matrix FR10 vs Yamaha DXR10 vs Any 10 inch

How do the presets dialed on the DXR10 translate to FOH. We use IEMs exclusively and have no stage monitors.

I have the FR10and have played one gig with it. I tried the DXR10 in a music store and it did nothing for me. Might have been because of the volume level.

I am liking the FR10 so far. I like the DSP to set your presets at bedroom levels. The weight is fantastic. The one gig I played was in a 5 piece in a bar and it had plenty of volume. From memory the FR10 was set up at close to max (but not all the way up) and AX8 at 12 o’clock.

I tried a DXR12 and found it a bit muddy.
What setting is everyone using on the DXR10? Mic input or Line output level and any DSP setting?

After a couple of rehearsals at last had the chance to try it (DXR10) as a wedge in a small gig and couldn't be happier with it. Loud more than enough, portable and the presets translate to FOH (15") quite well, to be honest they had an increase on the high end, but it ended to be a good thing because he sound of the guitar cut in the live mix of the band. I used the line input, 100Hz cut and DSP set to monitor.

Hi Folks,

This has been discussed several times in the past but want a fresh perspective since people's perspectives and experiences change overtime.
I want to buy a light weight FRFR monitor which is as neutral as possible such that presets dialed on it (mostly at home) will translate well in studio and FOH. Usually, I go direct to FOH and use IEMs to monitor.
It should also be loud enough just in case I start playing with a loud drummer and have to give up IEMs.

I've been dialing my presets using a Presonus Eris E8 which is ok but not the best.
Don't want to get a Atomic CLR due to the cost and weight.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks & regards,
Lenny
Just a thought. I use the Jbl prx 800 series and eon series. I like using speakers with an eq. These two jbl lines have an app that enables you to control various aspects of the speaker. You can also save some eq presets within the speaker. The prx 800 series has a much better eq, but you need a iPad or tablet to access it. With the eon you can use your Android or iPhone. It opens the door more options.

Just FWIW - I have an AX8. I have played it through:

Friedman ASM-12
Xitone 1x12
Alto TS110a
Alto TX15
Alto TS212
QSC K15
QSC k12
QSC K10

Honestly sounds great through them all! Our band uses the Altos for monitors/mains, so I am focused on a decent sound through those. I use the xitone now most gigs - behind me like a combo - and run through it to the PA for reinforcement if needed (and for drummer's in-ears).

I am truly happy through all of these though - haven't had to tweak any presets.

Friedman ASM-12
Xitone 1x12
Alto TS110a
Alto TX15
Alto TS212
QSC K15
QSC k12
QSC K10

Honestly sounds great through them all! Our band uses the Altos for monitors/mains, so I am focused on a decent sound through those. I use the xitone now most gigs - behind me like a combo - and run through it to the PA for reinforcement if needed (and for drummer's in-ears).

I am truly happy through all of these though - haven't had to tweak any presets.

My primary purpose is to get something as neutral as possible such that presets dialed on it (mostly at home) will translate well in studio and FOH. CLR seem to be the most neutral but are out of my budget.

Did you run 1/4" to the DXR? I'd been running 1/4" at low volumes without any hum but today I had a chance to crank it LOUD and there was a huge hum which was eliminated when I switched to XLR.

Did you run 1/4" to the DXR? I'd been running 1/4" at low volumes without any hum but today I had a chance to crank it LOUD and there was a huge hum which was eliminated when I switched to XLR.

Yeah, I’m running 1/4” but I realized that instead of cranking the DXR up, I set the AX8 out to 100% and then go increasing the level on the DXR up to a certain volume that my ears stop bleeding :D
That way allowed me to get enough loud levels and minimize the background hum.

Friedman ASM-12
Xitone 1x12
Alto TS110a
Alto TX15
Alto TS212
QSC K15
QSC k12
QSC K10

You may have just talked me out of spending $1400.

I'm currently using a pair of Alto TS110a's. I've almost talked myself into buying a pair of QSC K10.2's.

Here's the thing...I'm not unhappy with my sound and I'm not rich. How would you describe the difference between the Alto and QSC? Is it a $1400 difference?

You may have just talked me out of spending $1400.

I'm currently using a pair of Alto TS110a's. I've almost talked myself into buying a pair of QSC K10.2's.

Here's the thing...I'm not unhappy with my sound and I'm not rich. How would you describe the difference between the Alto and QSC? Is it a $1400 difference?

Yes, they are better but no way $1400 better...that's a lot of money. Honestly, I wouldn't think of using the QSCs as my own "amps" for the fractal stuff - for mains in the PA and going direct, sure. If you are happy with how it sounds now, keep at it and save up some $ for something down the road. The TS110s sound great until you put them next to something else ;)

But then again there is ALWAYS something better, right?

I have my DXR10 since 2 weeks now and regret that I didn't buy it much earlier!
Without changing any setting on my AX8, I have the right tone immediately during rehearsals, gigs and at home in my cossy small room.
Super!
So sorry for my Matrix Q12 FRFR. It's for sale now o_O
So as far as I'm concerned: go for it!

Yamaha dxr10 es una gran caja por calidad y potencia eso si, recomiendo el modo monitor para eliminar el boomy realmente se siente como un amplificador real ademas de multiples opciones de conexion.

Do any of you guys use your DXR 10 as a backline? The band I play with doesn't mike the guitars typically. I know it's really loud but I haven't put it to the test using it as a backline.

Back
Top Bottom