QSC K10.2 vs Matrix FR10 vs Yamaha DXR10 vs Any 10 inch

rlennyr

Hi Folks,

This has been discussed several times in the past but want a fresh perspective since people's perspectives and experiences change overtime.

I want to buy a light weight FRFR monitor which is as neutral as possible such that presets dialed on it (mostly at home) will translate well in studio and FOH. Usually, I go direct to FOH and use IEMs to monitor.
It should also be loud enough just in case I start playing with a loud drummer and have to give up IEMs.

I've been dialing my presets using a Presonus Eris E8 which is ok but not the best.
Don't want to get a Atomic CLR due to the cost and weight.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks & regards,
Lenny

a year ago I chose from similar options. Yamaha dxr10, in my opinion, has the best price-quality ratio. It is necessary to read the instruction before use and set the monitor's low cut parameter according to the monitor installation variant - floor or stand

JBL EON 610s and for small gigs or backup, Roland Cube Street EX in front of me sound very clear. The Cube lacks the punch but then again, it`s a 25 + 25 watt battery or AC powered busker rig and mini 4 channel mixer. That in itself elevates the cool factor while sounding very FRFR.

This topic is relevant to me. I was going to pick up a pair of QSC K12's.

Does anyone have experience with using K12's to amplify fractal gear want to talk me out of it and into the Yamahas?

Thanks for all the inputs everyone.
I've heard that the new QSC K10.2 has a FRFR mode which is really good. Any ideas?

+1 for DXR10. I've got one since a year and I'm happy with it.
If you're looking for a loud monitor (just in case ;) you won't be disappointed.

This topic is relevant to me. I was going to pick up a pair of QSC K12's.

Does anyone have experience with using K12's to amplify fractal gear want to talk me out of it and into the Yamahas?
You are gonna pay a good bit more for the Qs and I have never heard any say the upgraded to them from the Yamahas. Either way I would go 10”. I have seen many posts about 12s being “boomy”.
Order a set of each from Zzounds and return the ones u don’t like.

You are gonna pay a good bit more for the Qs and I have never heard any say the upgraded to them from the Yamahas. Either way I would go 10”. I have seen many posts about 12s being “boomy”.
Order a set of each from Zzounds and return the ones u don’t like.
That being said 2k watts in 10.2 is pretty impressive. But owning the dxr’s I can’t imagine needing more power......and that’s from a guitar player. Lol

That being said 2k watts in 10.2 is pretty impressive. But owning the dxr’s I can’t imagine needing more power......and that’s from a guitar player. Lol
After reading more on this subject k12's are out.

So it's now between drx10's ($599) and qsc k10.2's ($699). Anyone with experience want to offer opinions on which of these 2 options I should choose?

Ive been using 2 x QSC K10's both live and in studio... so far really really good! Tick all the boxes for me , great sound, presets translate well , easy to transport ,plenty of grunt .. A bandmate just got the 10.2's for PA purposes , so my plan is to borrow and compare with the standard K10 .

Where are you located? I am getting ready to sell a like new pair of Q10's with the OEM QSC soft road cases (never played out - I used them as my home monitors - I know... Keep it to yourself)...

Happy to make a deal.

On any of these types of "vs." threads, you're going to get a ton of confirmation-biased postings ("I love my _____, it's clearly the best, yadda yadda").

The only way to decide for yourself is to compare them for yourself, side by side, at performance volumes, and with a reference audio source (like some music you know really well).

+1 to the suggestion (above) that you should order an example of each option on your short-list, and return the one(s) that don't make the grade.

Last rehearsal tried the AX8 through a ‘generic’ 8” monitor and found out it really sounded well to my ears. So after reading tons of posts I decided to order a DXR10 that’s on its way home. Hopefully it will cover my needs... crossing fingers!!

I bought an Alto TS210 and returned it to upgrade to a DXR10. It's shipping. I was able to get my first tuned preset sounding good on the Alto but I didn't have the confidence that I could use it with a band. I'm hearing the DXR10s can definitely fill that need.

Thanks for all the great inputs guys.
No love for Matrix FR10 ?

Looks like it is going to be DXR10. For those who ordered one, would appreciate your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom