Pure volume Boost pedal?

j20056

I'd like to insert a volume boost pedal that doesn't add any color to the sound, just adds 3dB or 9dB, whatever setting I store in a channel.
I see Drive blocks, but they look more like Distortion pedals and add tone, but I do not see any pure Boost blocks.
What is the most CPU friendly way to do that with no color added?

I'd like to insert a volume boost pedal that doesn't add any color to the sound, just adds 3dB or 9dB, whatever setting I store in a channel.
I see Drive blocks, but they look more like Distortion pedals and add tone, but I do not see any pure Boost blocks.
What is the most CPU friendly way to do that with no color added?
I use Filter blocks for that. I use one that's on a switch for an instant 3-4 db boost, and one that's on an expression pedal for a variable 0-5 db boost. The switched filter is on a per-scene basis (if I turn it on it Scene 1 it won't be on in Scene 2) and the pedal filter applies across all scenes.

Use the Level control of any block to add a transparent level boost. You can also use a Null Filter in the filter block or a Vol/Pan block.

I'm always amazed that more people don't use a volume pedal.
Like mentioned you can map it to what ever...I've used one for years and find it indispensable.
Solves a lot of problems.
Complete control of any tone at any volume. Turn your guitar volume knob down to 3 and boost at pedal for jazzy clean tones.
Stack gain and drive pedals with guitar on volume knob on 10, but tame volume with your foot...boost for solos, etc...all from one preset if you wish.

Agree. Although in my case, I already had a regular volume pedal going from -80dB to 0dB, mostly to set overall volume and do volumes swells, and what you describe above. What I wanted was a 3db or 6db boost pedal for solos. So I added a second "boost" pedal which goes from 0dB to 9dB so I can typically have my main volume fully engaged and have an extra 9dB easily controllable. Thanks.

If you just want it at the input of the amp block you can use the input trim parameter. There is also the boost switch which can be set to neutral. The boost may act differently depending on the tone stack IIRC,

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to boost the level going into the amp to drive it harder, or are you trying to boost the final tone louder to be heard better in the mix, like a solo boost? If it's the latter, you'll definitely want to boost the signal after the Amp.

Agree. Although in my case, I already had a regular volume pedal going from -80dB to 0dB, mostly to set overall volume and do volumes swells, and what you describe above. What I wanted was a 3db or 6db boost pedal for solos. So I added a second "boost" pedal which goes from 0dB to 9dB so I can typically have my main volume fully engaged and have an extra 9dB easily controllable. Thanks.
As someone who also uses a volume pedal, I simply created a Channel B for my volume block and boosted the level on it.

I use volpans. They have an output level control and a volume control, so I can use that with my volume pedal controller and still bump up the level via the output volume.

Back
Top Bottom