Purchased my first Axe-Fx II and looking for expression pedal recommendations

I use two Ernie Ball VP Jr. pedals, they work great and are really cheap on the used market.

You need to change the pot to linear though, as it’s a volume pedal and thus an audio taper pot. Still works as is, but it’s like $7 in parts and an easy change to give it a proper linear taper.

My favorite expression pedals for fine control thanks to the long sweep

Ev1/2 are great too but you can get a couple EB’s for the price of one

Yeah I've been meaning to do that, but for now I've just been setting the slope parameter on my mod destinations to 100% and it has been working well enough for me.

Hi all thanks for all your responses, this forum is awesome. Initially I will be using the rig for recording of an album out of my home studio but I am then planning to gig with the rig once this is complete. Will be running my axe rig with Ableton live to allow me the flexibility of doing solo live shows with full backing track or to scale up to a full band situation. So for me reliability and durability are probably the most important criteria in the expression pedals. FWIW I have had nothing but amazing experiences with Boss pedals on my previous pedal boards prior to taking the leap into digital processing,

Like what?

I've got 4 and have been using them with zero problems for several years.
For myself...the little rubber feet that act as spacers on the rocker plate (treadle?) ...fell out the first week. Thankfully I found them and glued them back in. But they still fall out occasionally. Once I lose one...the pedal will be useless.

The white 'M' on the rubber skid really shows every nasty goo you got on your boot in the bar.

For $130+ I think it has flaws.

For myself...the little rubber feet that act as spacers on the rocker plate (treadle?) ...fell out the first week. Thankfully I found them and glued them back in. But they still fall out occasionally. Once I lose one...the pedal will be useless.

The white 'M' on the rubber skid really shows every nasty goo you got on your boot in the bar.

For $130+ I think it has flaws.
I would contact Mission. I've never had those even be remotely loose... Also, that will not make the pedals useless. It will make the sweep slightly longer.

As far as the logo getting dirty, do you really consider that a problem? That has nothing to do with the functionality of the pedal... :)

The EV 2 jacks are on the side. The EV 1 jacks are on the end.

I would suggest making a paper cutout of the pedal sizes and see which feels comfortable to you. I use an EV 1 for volume. It looks big. I could probably be fine with an EV 2. I use 2 Roland EV5s for wah and other things and they’re fine for me. It also depends on how big your feet are I guess.

The EV 2 jacks are on the side. The EV 1 jacks are on the end.

I would suggest making a paper cutout of the pedal sizes and see which feels comfortable to you. I use an EV 1 for volume. It looks big. I could probably be fine with an EV 2. I use 2 Roland EV5s for wah and other things and they’re fine for me. It also depends on how big your feet are I guess.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the EV-1 as G66 didn’t have the EV-2 in stock anyway, so I will see how I get on with it and if I could use a smaller one I will try the EV-2.
Looking forward to getting my AX8, it will be my 1st Fractal purchase.

I had a Boss FV500 break a tiny screw clean off on the treadle pivot less than 6 months old. Screw end stuck in hole and couldn't remove. Its a paper weight now. Never felt it had great tracking accuracy tho anyways. Went with Mission now and so far so good.

FAMC has some nice pedals on sale right now. Look identical to Mission with switch for $99.00.
I think this may be your ticket.

Anyone know if the EV1 or EV2 have a "spring load" option so that it can always return to ZERO? I have a Mission EP1 and it's an absolute necessity IMO on WAH. I like to have it auto engage and when you take your foot off it disengages. Couldn't see any mention of it on the Fractal Product page.

Mission for wah (do the bicycle tire trick to make it spring loaded) and the Dunlop (RIP) volume X for expression, smoothest pedal i've ever tried.

Back
Top Bottom