PT 9 / Axe Fx 2 connecting

deadringer

Has anybody been able to use the Axe Fx as an audio interface into Pro Tools 9? All I want to do is send audio via the USB from the Axe Fx 2 to my Pro Tools. When I go to create a new track in 9 the Axe Fx isn't an input option on the track. Any ideas?

Just did it.

Go to setup - hardware- select the axe-fx II driver
go to setup I/O make sure you have the inputs selected for the axe-fx II (name them if it makes it easier for you)
In the mixing console go to I/O and select the inputs you want to use from the Axe-fx II

Seems the problem must be with my driver. When I go to hardware the Axe Fx doesn't show there. I'll try un and re installing the drivers. I'm running windows 7 64 bit, is that a problem?

The only thing open or running is my Digi 002rack, PT 9, and the Axe Fx 2. I uninstalled and started over, same result.

You might want to try unplugging your 002, reboot PT9 and see if the II shows up. I have had a similar problem with PT9 where certain devices will only show up when they are the only unit connected. Good luck!

You might want to try unplugging your 002, reboot PT9 and see if the II shows up. I have had a similar problem with PT9 where certain devices will only show up when they are the only unit connected. Good luck!

Okay I can get the Axe Fx to show up but it's either it or the Digi 002, I can't get both. Since I use the 002 for monitoring this is less than ideal. Any thoughts?

Okay I can get the Axe Fx to show up but it's either it or the Digi 002, I can't get both. Since I use the 002 for monitoring this is less than ideal. Any thoughts?

That is the way ASIO works. you can try ASIO4ALL and see if that will work for you.

I think I'm explaining this wrong, sorry I'm not great with computers.

This is what I want to do. I want to use my Digi 002R as the playback engine but use the USB from the Axe Fx to send audio to pro tools. Is that possible? Thanks for all the help.

That's what I'm doing now and it's working just fine. I misunderstood the feature set I think. I was hoping to be able to send Pro Tools 4 audio tracks out of the Axe Fx II via USB. I didn't realize that I would have to use the Axe Fx II as the playback engine too. It's really no bother, just thought I could do things differently.

Back
Top Bottom