PSA - David Hislop's AxeFX III/FM3/OMG9 Presets Are Here (Bethel)

Hi all,

I don't understand this pack as is.

It looks like an effects loop for all of these, but I don't use outside effects.

So how can modify these to get these patches to work?
If this is basic, go ahead and rip on. I can't seem to manipulate the tiles right. Thanks in advace.

View attachment 97696
There's a missing wire between the VolPan block and the Send block.

The Send block sends signal to the Return block -- it doesn't route audio to the external loops.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I don't understand this pack as is.

It looks like an effects loop for all of these, but I don't use outside effects.

So how can modify these to get these patches to work?
If this is basic, go ahead and rip on. I can't seem to manipulate the tiles right. Thanks in advace.

View attachment 97696
Not to be a drag, but if this is a commercial preset, which I'm not sure about in this case, but I know he has some, posting this isn't right.

Thanks. That the part I don't get...how to connect the two?

It's not like a free floating patch cable.

In short, I can connect blocks on the same line...no problem, but how to for different lines?

No problem there.

But, how to get from the Vol/Pan to the Send block (or any replacement block) on the second row

In other words, how to hook up to those two amps from the Vol/Pan block on the first row to keep true to the patch?

No problem there.

But, how to get from the Vol/Pan to the Send block (or any replacement block) on the second row

In other words, how to hook up to those two amps from the Vol/Pan block on the first row to keep true to the patch?
You don't have to hook anything up there. The Send block automatically routes the signal to the Return block. No wires needed. Just connect Vol > Send and the signal chain won't be broken anymore.

Also, make sure the cab block points to where you loaded his IRs.

I have the FM3 version and the FM9 version. Both are great, but the FM9 with two different amps is stellar (tweaked for my guitars). His FM9 switch layout is genius, too.

PM me if you can’t get it to work and I’ll help via phone.

I'm late to the party here but I just picked up these presets for the FM9. I'm on version 4.0 as recommended. Are you guys getting a noticeable lag when switching scenes? Clean to Drive is okay, but going to/from Drive+ or Lead is pretty noticeable. I haven't had time to look around and try to optimize things but I'm curious if this is noticeable to other FM9 users?

I'm late to the party here but I just picked up these presets for the FM9. I'm on version 4.0 as recommended. Are you guys getting a noticeable lag when switching scenes? Clean to Drive is okay, but going to/from Drive+ or Lead is pretty noticeable. I haven't had time to look around and try to optimize things but I'm curious if this is noticeable to other FM9 users?
I used the DH Bethel presets this past Sunday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, meaning, no more gap than normal. But I've never really optimized my own presets for lag either. I just anticipate the button press and live with it.

I find his presets really good with a few EQ adjustments for my guitar - boosting the bass a db or so, cutting around 1.5k 1db, and boosting the 7-8k by a db or so for more air. I'm using a white falcon, which is kind of mid centric. Do you use them stock or make some adjustments?

I used the DH Bethel presets this past Sunday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, meaning, no more gap than normal. But I've never really optimized my own presets for lag either. I just anticipate the button press and live with it.

I find his presets really good with a few EQ adjustments for my guitar - boosting the bass a db or so, cutting around 1.5k 1db, and boosting the 7-8k by a db or so for more air. I'm using a white falcon, which is kind of mid centric. Do you use them stock or make some adjustments?
I just bought them this morning. Going to test some more tonight. I think it's the drives being a single block and switching from A, B, & C. I'm really happy with the sounds I just think I'll need to figure something out about the lag. I'm hoping I can optimize them and fit in another drive block to at least mitigate the lag between A & B drives. Normally I gain stage with two drive blocks, a comp, and control switch to avoid any unwanted lag. At the very least his effect parameters are much better than what's on my custom presets so I can use those blocks with my own presets if need be.

I played around with the DH preset last night and would agree that there are some significant dropout times going between some scenes. I guess I just didn't notice it in the mix on Sunday.

I'm in the other camp - I like my effects a little better than his, and I think some of the dropout may be due to the way the effects' channels are changing between scenes. I also don't really use a chorus or vib scene much, so I had them replaced with different drive settings for a more dished sound for power chord work.

I played around with the DH preset last night and would agree that there are some significant dropout times going between some scenes. I guess I just didn't notice it in the mix on Sunday.

I'm in the other camp - I like my effects a little better than his, and I think some of the dropout may be due to the way the effects' channels are changing between scenes. I also don't really use a chorus or vib scene much, so I had them replaced with different drive settings for a more dished sound for power chord work.
I had a chance to play with it for an hour or so last night. I think the issue is the way the FM9 handles drive block channel changes for scenes. I loaded in his layouts and instead of using scenes I used his effects layout and there's no issues with dropouts when changing the drives. There's a little more tap dancing involved but I don't think those dropouts in scene mode would get past my MD on Sunday, lol..

Back
Top Bottom