PSA - David Hislop's AxeFX III/FM3/OMG9 Presets Are Here (Bethel)

Other people can post about stuff that someone else has for sale, can't they? You just can't pump your own stuff, right?

Otherwise, no posts about guitars would be allowed, or amps, or tons of other stuff you can buy. Not even cars, or vacations, or politicians. Oops sorry...
Exactly. I'm not affiliated with him. Just a PSA shout out to the P&W players here on the forum.

For those of you who have purchased, are these cygnus ready? Can't find any info on the website. Just a quick blurb about latest firmware, which could mean anything.

Haha...duh. Found the release notes which say you must have Cygnus.

Yes they work with Cygnus . They are right at the limit for CPU on the FM3 though. That may be over the limit for Ares or Beta Cygnus firmware.

They are built around the FC6 OMG 9 layout using 8 scenes to replicate a giant pedalboard and stereo amps.

There are 8 presets. 4 for humbuckers and 4 for Single coils. They include the 2 custom IRs, which you will need to load.

They sound great for P&W and make a great template for building your own preset. I find David's presets much more usable than the Worship Tutorial guys P&W presets I have tried.

I'm on the latest beta release of FM3 Cygnus and the Hislop presets work, but barely. I've started to eliminate unnecessary shunts and that helped a little, maybe, but I'm thinking I'll remove a block from each preset (chorus or ? depending on the preset) just to make sure there are no problems live.

But yeah, they sound GREAT with the three guitars I've tried so far (Les Paul, White Falcon and Tele), at least with just guitar. I haven't tried them with a band yet. Definitely well worth the $15. I'll be buying more if he puts them out.

I'm on the latest beta release of FM3 Cygnus and the Hislop presets work, but barely. I've started to eliminate unnecessary shunts and that helped a little, maybe, but I'm thinking I'll remove a block from each preset (chorus or ? depending on the preset) just to make sure there are no problems live.

But yeah, they sound GREAT with the three guitars I've tried so far (Les Paul, White Falcon and Tele), at least with just guitar. I haven't tried them with a band yet. Definitely well worth the $15. I'll be buying more if he puts them out.
I’m going to pull out the PEQ block for starters. It’s just doing high-pass. The cab block filters work great for that.

I’m going to pull out the PEQ block for starters. It’s just doing high-pass. The cab block filters work great for that.
I saw a PEQ in one of them that did have some subtle EQ going on, which when bypassed was definitely noticeable.

Yes they work with Cygnus . They are right at the limit for CPU on the FM3 though. That may be over the limit for Ares or Beta Cygnus firmware.

They are built around the FC6 OMG 9 layout using 8 scenes to replicate a giant pedalboard and stereo amps.

There are 8 presets. 4 for humbuckers and 4 for Single coils. They include the 2 custom IRs, which you will need to load.

They sound great for P&W and make a great template for building your own preset. I find David's presets much more usable than the Worship Tutorial guys P&W presets I have tried.
Interesting. I didn’t find the worship tutorial guys presets to my liking. Might have to try David’s though.

I bought them.
I’m not crazy about the IRs included.
The presets were worth it though just to see how he lays out everything.

I actually changed the preset to one amp, used my own IRs, had more cpu for more effects, and changed the FC12 layout.

Im ready to rock n roll now! Can’t wait to use this modified preset at church now!

I’ve got an excellent P&W tone now with 8 drives, 12 delays, 8 reverbs, modulation, and a POG effect all in one preset. 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom