PSA: Change your strings!

I cleaned and put new strings on my 594 so I could chalk up an "I did something!" for a lazy Sunday. It gets most of my playing time of all my guitars, so it's nice to keep that one the freshest. The ebony looks very happy to have been given an oily rubdown.

I have never been able to have strings last long enough to go 'dead' on me. New strings before every gig, and many times they don't make it to the end. Lots of different brands, types, and gauges of strings. Every guitar that I have ever owned.

It's me, but I'm working on it.

New strings on both live guitars every weekend, new strings on the guitars I play at home about once a month. I go through a ton of strings. Anybody know how to get an endorsement?🤓

I’ve got 12 guitars and another coming with Floyd Rose Trems. Plus 3 basses.

I change strings only when I have to, and only on the guitars I’m using for work.

My main bass on the other hand? You guys would die. I change strings every weekend.

Florida heat + humidity + outdoor show + acidic sweat = dead strings in 3 hours.

Change your strings kids, don’t be lazy.

No amount of EQ or fancy Fractal equipment is gonna save you from shitty strings.

I know some of mine are coming due for String changes.I hate the brightness of new strings so I actually prefer them a little played in, but once I start feeling dirt on them its time to change just need to find the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom