PRS shopping today - I picked one!

I’d have that sealed. Even if they don’t match the color perfectly, sealing it will help prevent the finish from flaking off from that area.
Thx for the tip. I’ll do that. Other thing I never mentioned is scratchy pots on the neck vol/tone. I brought it up with store. They said they would take care of it if it persists.ruling out bad soldered joints which I don’t think there are as I looked in the cavity , I may grab some deoxit type spray and treat

Thx for the tip. I’ll do that. Other thing I never mentioned is scratchy pots on the neck vol/tone. I brought it up with store. They said they would take care of it if it persists.ruling out bad soldered joints which I don’t think there are as I looked in the cavity , I may grab some deoxit type spray and treat
spin them for a few minutes, see if that does it. Then try deoxit. Then bug the store :)

Bad solder joints have a consistent problem and don’t occur at one end or the other of the pot’s throw. Reflow the solder and the problem should go away.

Some cleaner wouldn’t hurt. I need to go after a couple of my guitars, or play them more. :)

I'm a believer boys I'm a believer. I had my doubts. I admit it. I officially join this church of PRS. amen. I started building a dual amp preset going for a Dean DeLeo thing going. Threw on a Band Commander on one amp and can't stop playing on it. This 594 is so much more open sounding than my LP. I've read before some people don't care for the pickups but I'm really diggin them. They are handling everything from clean >edge breakup> modern gain very well. Call it my honeymoon phase today or whatever.

It’s probably not a honeymoon thing.

They’re great guitars and maybe not for everyone, just like Gibson and Fender guitars don’t scratch every itch. I have five now with no duplicates and there is some overlap in their pickups, but each speaks with its own voice and feels comfortable when I switch. I still have two Strats but the PRS get most of my playing time.

Congrats. I love my DC 594 artist. It also plays like butter. I have some nice guitars and it immediately became my #1 player. I also have gas for an HB II Piezo.

Try the neck pickup split with that band commander. It's such an open round tone, I can jam on it for hours in the edge of breakup zone. Here is my PRS.

1673154803228.jpeg

That's gorgeous guitar @Hellbat. The one shop I was at other day did have some core DC's and I regret not trying them now. After I picked up the SC I didnt bother with them at the time. the shop I was at has a core 594 ten top in cobalt blue. Beautiful

Last edited:
After I picked up the SC I didnt bother with them at the time.
Of my five, the SC-245 is the only single-cut, but it balances and plays as nicely as the double-cutaway bodies. The PRS site doesn’t specify the body thickness of the single or double-cut guitars but I doubt there’s a difference in that spec between the two 594s.

The Robben Ford 594 double-cut does have a 25” scale but it is probably the same thickness also.

Enjoy the guitar.

Question for you 594 or really anyone with a guitar using tune-o-matic/stop tail style bridge. I know the action is easily and often adjusted just using the thumbwheels on the bridge but anyone experiment adjusting the height of the stop tail piece to adjust the 'slinkyness' of the strings for ease of play?...Mine feels pretty damn good as it is but curious to raise stoptail a smidge to cut the break angle coming over the bridge saddles. I believe on my Gibson the Stoptail piece is meant to be anchored right down to the body but looks like this 594 has room to move.

anyone experiment adjusting the height of the stop tail piece to adjust the 'slinkyness' of the strings for ease of play?...Mine feels pretty damn good as it is but curious to raise stoptail a smidge to cut the break angle coming over the bridge saddles. I believe on my Gibson the Stoptail piece is meant to be anchored right down to the body but looks like this 594 has room to move.
I've never figured out how it would make the string tension feel any different since the neck's scale length and the string's pitch and gauge control that, based on what I remember from Physics classes.

Fair enough...having things close to body makes sense for sustain. I read some players have done this to adjust for a slinkier feel. I haven't done it to verify if its an actual thing but to compare on Les Paul's I know many like to top wrap like Joe Bonamassa apparently does for this reason. Not to spark the debate on top wrapping strings :)

Question for you 594 or really anyone with a guitar using tune-o-matic/stop tail style bridge. I know the action is easily and often adjusted just using the thumbwheels on the bridge but anyone experiment adjusting the height of the stop tail piece to adjust the 'slinkyness' of the strings for ease of play?...Mine feels pretty damn good as it is but curious to raise stoptail a smidge to cut the break angle coming over the bridge saddles. I believe on my Gibson the Stoptail piece is meant to be anchored right down to the body but looks like this 594 has room to move.
None of my stoptails have the bar decked. Correct the thumbwheels are for action and you will get less tension with a shallower break angle. As Greg said it is physics - farther down is farther away. I never adjusted the stoptail height on my 594s. Try 9-46 for standard tuning, you may dig it.

None of my stoptails have the bar decked. Correct the thumbwheels are for action and you will get less tension with a shallower break angle. As Greg said it is physics - farther down is farther away. I never adjusted the stoptail height on my 594s. Try 9-46 for standard tuning, you may dig it.
I didn't even adjust the tail piece it sits far down as it goes. Slight thumbwheel adjustments and this guitar action is perfect right now. 9-46 have been my go to gauge for last year now. So to prep my LP Tribute for sale, I took out my BKP Rebel Yell I put in there. Put back the stock Gibson 490T. Interesting to compare stock. It's darker sounding than the BKP but actually sounds great. Nothing couldn't dial in with amp. Got the Gibson playing beautifully. Hell maybe I should keep it too

Back
Top Bottom