PRS shopping today - I picked one!

Not sure what they equate to. Sort of SG like but they don’t look like those. I like the stripped down look. No birds. Maybe more like a LP Special.
Would you consider it more vintage style in terms of sound? the one guitar shop nearby has the black and white model in stock. may head down this afternoon and audition again

Last edited:
What would you guys liken a S2 Standard model to?....or when you think of one what style comes to mind? I really liked the Standard 22 Satin I played about a year ago. this has me thinking about it again

I'm not sure I understand the question. I think of it as what it is - a cheaper USA made PRS.

My S2 has pretty much been retired since I quit my last band, but I doubt it'll stay that way forever. It suddenly has a lot of Gibson siblings though!

Would you consider it more vintage style in terms of sound? the one guitar shop nearby has the black and white model in stock. may head down this afternoon and audition again

Ah. It'll probably sound vintage through a vintage style setup and modern through a modern style setup. Pickup swaps are also relatively easy and affordable ;).

While back I played a Standard 22 Satin and it had a Pattern Regular that I quite liked. Maybe i should revisit that one. Thing is if i pick something up I feel like I should get something that covers what I dont currently have rather than just adding more HH style guitars. Heresy i know. You can't have too many guitars. I can't stop thinking about that tele sound though. A guy in the shop today was playing a Fano guitar with a Tele pickup into a Revv amp and man did that sound good. Maybe i'm crossing that threshold in life and hear the siren's call for more boomer like tones. P90s/tele's. Where the notes bloom and the guitar breathes openly

If you already have HH guitars I would encourage you to try a double P90 guitar. I love ‘em. Noise and all.

Well I pulled a George Costanza reverse move today. Went to guitar shop and played a few Standard 22 Satin's and a gorgeous 10 top core 24-08. I was very close to going with the Standard 22 then walked past another section of guitars hanging on wall 'used'. oh what's this S2 594 all about. finished neck. uggh. well why not try it since i'm here. This was the surprise. man oh man does it play like butter. I don't get it but somehow this one spoke to me. The action/feel was superb on this one and it felt nothing like the S2 594 single cut or core (tremonti) that I tried out yesterday. This double cut has a very different feel to it and wow is it resonant. Immediately could hear a difference as well. I knew in less than 5 min i was taking it home. It was discounted from reg $2529 to $1800. It's a 2022 model. Has a few blemishes on it as you can see on the one horn. few scuffs on back. I can live with those for the price. I certainly did not expect to be bringing a 594 Double cut home but here it is.

Attachments

• PRS594.jpg
    PRS594.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • PRS594a.jpg
    PRS594a.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
  • PRS594b.jpg
    PRS594b.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 105
  • PRS594c.jpg
    PRS594c.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
fresh strings. I cannot believe how good this guitar feels and sounds. This neck is actually perfect for my hands. Its not sticking as much as I thought it might too. it's so resonant and plays much better than my LP tribute. I may even sell the LP.

I have two 513s, two McCarty Hollowbody Spruces, a 594 Soapbar Limited, a NF3, a 594 Hollowbody II, and a Silver Sky. I might have to get a few more to decide if I like PRS. You don’t want to rush into these decisions!

With your neck preferences, you might want to find a Pattern neck carve in rosewood. Both if my 513s have Brazilian rosewood necks, and they feel like home from first touch.
Look into the Studio and the DGT. They're a blast. The DGT and SC-245 are my guitars of choice for a Les Paul-ish guitar. I'm adjusting some presets using the SC-245 right now and went down the rabbit hole for several hours with a preset based on @2112's Bluesy-mark preset.

Well I pulled a George Costanza reverse move today. Went to guitar shop and played a few Standard 22 Satin's and a gorgeous 10 top core 24-08. I was very close to going with the Standard 22 then walked past another section of guitars hanging on wall 'used'. oh what's this S2 594 all about. finished neck. uggh. well why not try it since i'm here. This was the surprise. man oh man does it play like butter. I don't get it but somehow this one spoke to me. The action/feel was superb on this one and it felt nothing like the S2 594 single cut or core (tremonti) that I tried out yesterday. This double cut has a very different feel to it and wow is it resonant. Immediately could hear a difference as well. I knew in less than 5 min i was taking it home. It was discounted from reg $2529 to $1800. It's a 2022 model. Has a few blemishes on it as you can see on the one horn. few scuffs on back. I can live with those for the price. I certainly did not expect to be bringing a 594 Double cut home but here it is.
Nice guitar - enjoy!

I'm a believer boys I'm a believer. I had my doubts. I admit it. I officially join this church of PRS. amen. I started building a dual amp preset going for a Dean DeLeo thing going. Threw on a Band Commander on one amp and can't stop playing on it. This 594 is so much more open sounding than my LP. I've read before some people don't care for the pickups but I'm really diggin them. They are handling everything from clean >edge breakup> modern gain very well. Call it my honeymoon phase today or whatever.

Last edited:
Worth the wait. Nice job holding out for the right one and right price. Looks great and glad you’re loving it!

Since this is a PRS lovin thread. Here's the 24-08 Core I played as well. I secretly wanted to love this guitar and just blow my load and take it home its so gorgeous. It probably needed a setup as it felt very stiff ...thankfully. It was a mint used for $5k (CAD) whatever that is in USD like $450? ;)

Attachments

• PRS 2408.jpg
    PRS 2408.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I have a feeling they won't get 5k for it but who knows. Add 13% to take it home and suddenly its a lot less appealing ;).

Sell the tribute, buy a good LP studio later. But wait a year because the price hikes are fast and furious and used will be the new cost when you bought it soon enough..

I have a feeling they won't get 5k for it but who knows. Add 13% to take it home and suddenly its a lot less appealing ;).

Sell the tribute, buy a good LP studio later. But wait a year because the price hikes are fast and furious and used will be the new cost when you bought it soon enough..
completely agree. Yeah the tribute will be going and perhaps a P90 gibson later on

Back
Top Bottom