PRS New Product Announcement

Yeah...I would have been a lot more excited about an RF signature guitar.

There are a lot of Klon clones and dual flangers...not sure about opto compressor pedals, but...well....we've got fractals.

I was eating dinner when the stream was happening and wasn’t paying close attention. I went back and listened to them and if it wasn’t for the fact I’m trying to keep things small and not wanting a big pedal board (basically if it was 20 years ago) I would be interested. They sound pretty darn good. While they’re not cheap they’re not crazy expensive either. Hard to say whether they will be popular. Probably will…

Edit:
Well on second thought the flanger is getting up there in price. I though they were all in the $250 range. Although considering everything is heading towards a 25% to 30% increase it’s hard how to judge a fair price these days. Glad I have my FM3!

Last edited:
Well I guess it makes some sense. The Klon thing didn’t occur to me. I’m hoping we’ll get our K tomorrow for the FM3.
Enh.

I bought a super cheap Klone pedal not too long ago because I realized that I sold my last physical clone (a Ryra). Very quickly, I remembered why I sold the Ryra (and a Tumnus and an Archer before it). I don't get the klon hate, but I don't get the love either. I guess the high-gain sound is interesting but not my thing...but the low-gain/clean boost thing people go on about...very much meh to me. Fractal already gives a lot of shades of more interesting boosts.

Enh.

I bought a super cheap Klone pedal not too long ago because I realized that I sold my last physical clone (a Ryra). Very quickly, I remembered why I sold the Ryra (and a Tumnus and an Archer before it). I don't get the klon hate, but I don't get the love either. I guess the high-gain sound is interesting but not my thing...but the low-gain/clean boost thing people go on about...very much meh to me. Fractal already gives a lot of shades of more interesting boosts.
I never owned a Klon or even played a clone of one so I can’t say much, but it seemed the Horsemeat (uhg) has something going on that is nice. I was never a drive pedal guy. I used my amps for drive, when I started to juice the front end of a crunchy amp back years ago I first tried a Tube Screamer then Xotic came around with the AC, RC and BB preamp and that’s what is still on my board. The board I haven’t played through in a year and a half since getting the FM3.

P.S.
I just realized what was suppose to be a guitar related discussion has turned into a pedal discussion. I guess this isn’t the right forum. I was going to post this in the The Lounge, but was certain it would be about a RF signature.🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom