PRS New Product Announcement

The Helsinki show is what I was watching and a video of some recording sessions for his latest work. I had no idea RF would be interested in a PRS Signature. He always seemed pretty traditional. I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn’t seeing things. It might make it hard for those who insist on perpetuating the cliché that PRS “have no soul” to continue with that silliness. Although I’m sure they’ll still find a way.

Upd:
Just saw in the article that saxophonist Bill Evans is on the latest recording. I have been a big fan of his since the 80’s Miles Davis and Mahavishnu stuff.

Last edited:
I had no idea RF would be interested in a PRS Signature. He always seemed pretty traditional. I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn’t seeing things. It might make it hard for those who insist on perpetuating the cliché that PRS “have no soul” to continue with that silliness. Although I’m sure they’ll still find a way.
He buys and sells a lot of guitars. And he's definitely played some non-traditional stuff.

His signature Fender from the Talk to Your Daughter era wasn't exactly a strat.

As for the "no soul" thing....I've never quite understood that. I always used to describe them as just "weird" before I owned one. I still mostly do describe them that way....I just also like some of them.

I guess it’s obvious I’m not a huge RF fanatic. Always appreciated his playing and got to know more about him when I began to research and build a Dumble clone.

I guess it’s obvious I’m not a huge RF fanatic. Always appreciated his playing and got to know more about him when I began to research and build a Dumble clone.
I've also heard a lot of people describe dumbles as having no soul, that they're too smooth, that they have no character, or that it's just a blackface amp with a tube screamer....all of which are, at best, matters of taste.

Some people just don't like things and saying they have no soul is a criticism that can't really be disproven.

FWIW... I've tried a number (5? 6? 7? don't remember exactly) PRS guitars of various types over the years, only one that stuck was a CE-24, the new version. Didn't dig the necks or coatings on the others, but the tones were usually good to great. Not criticizing them, just largely not my cup o' tea.

I'm sure a RF sig model would be reasonably priced within reach of the average guitar-playing consumer.

Not. :D

BTW, my wife told me yesterday that Nathan Chen (the Olympic champion ice skater) was given a guitar by PRS. I wonder if there will be a Nathan Chen signature model? My wife is a huge fan of his skating. Hmmm.... he can take it out on the ice and use it as part of his routine during "Rocket Man"... :laughing:

I'm sure a RF sig model would be reasonably priced within reach of the average guitar-playing consumer.
We'll find out in a few hours.

But, they did make an SE version of a lot of their signature models: JM, Paul's Guitar, Mark Tremonti (2), Santana, Zach Myers, Mark Holcomb (2). They're all at least halfway affordable for the quality offered.

my bets are on the mt100. Mark just did an interivew talking about with phillip mcknight and PRS posted 3 amp tech videos in the last 2 weeks.

FWIW... I've tried a number (5? 6? 7? don't remember exactly) PRS guitars of various types over the years, only one that stuck was a CE-24, the new version. Didn't dig the necks or coatings on the others, but the tones were usually good to great. Not criticizing them, just largely not my cup o' tea.

Not. :D

BTW, my wife told me yesterday that Nathan Chen (the Olympic champion ice skater) was given a guitar by PRS. I wonder if there will be a Nathan Chen signature model? My wife is a huge fan of his skating. Hmmm.... he can take it out on the ice and use it as part of his routine during "Rocket Man"... :laughing:
I’m tempted to respond to these comments, but don’t want to turn this thread into a circular back and forth about PRS vs whatever. I’ll just add this. People complain about the price of a PRS, yet I’m am constantly baffled by some of the prices of Strats. $7000+ for a bolt on guitar. Not only that, but a purposely beat up Strat. I’ll never in what life I have left understand the prices on USA Custom Shop distressed Strats.

Back
Top Bottom