Protector for playing live

FarleyUK

Inspired
(For the AX8, not me!)

Anyone know of anywhere that sells anything that can be used as a 'shield' for the AX8 when on a pedalboard? Getting a bit wary of drunks dancing closely to my AX8, with their drinks sloshing everywhere.....!

Thin transparant plastic foil which is used in kitchens to protect food.

A floor monitor is a great baracade for the Drunk Dancers!!!! :D
Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%201%2048%2057%20PM.jpg

Last edited:
Until they fall over the monitor and land on your AX8 ;)
I actually had a guy trip over it and start to fall over towards my gear & I pushed him just enough so that he fell to the side of it all.

Sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do! ;)

Brining $8k worth of gear to a $150 bar gig is crazy anyways right? :rolleyes:

X

Jokes aside, I have every confidence that if anything crazy happened to my AX8 or FX8, Fractal would fix it ASAP!

Last edited:
I've been doing totally fine with mine so far, even though I was apprehensive at first having the brains/preamps/all effects on the stage floor. I thought these floorboard multi-fx designs would never catch on when they were first introduced but I was totally wrong. ha. . Anyway, thinking about it, my regular pedalboard I use with my tube amps is worth as much money as my AX8 so there's no difference. The only thing that's happened to my AX8 was it's gotten pretty dirty a few times at outdoor gigs, but still no issues at all. If you are still concerned, basically Yek's post above, or transparent plastic are about the only real options you have. . You can sure build/attach a plexi shield in front of your pedalboard if you have your AX8 on one, but I find I like the Ax8 and expression pedals without a pedalboard better. Good luck :) Eric T

I actually had a guy trip over it and start to fall over towards my gear & I pushed him just enough so that he fell to the side of it all.

Sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do! ;)

Brining $8k worth of gear to a $150 bar gig is crazy anyways right? :rolleyes:

X

Jokes aside, I have every confidence that if anything crazy happened to my AX8 or FX8, Fractal would fix it ASAP!

I hope your share is the 150.00 and not the whole band! Eric

I hope your share is the 150.00 and not the whole band! Eric
Lol, yea.....That’s my take + the $20 Bar tab we each get too......:)

I’ve played at least 100+ gigs w/ my Fractal Gear & The only issue I’ve had was a switch issue. That got fixed ASAP too!

X

Last edited:
I bring a small black towel that i have ready - this way I can clean up any liquid pretty fast.
I ended up covering the AX8 with the towel on a rowdy gig - I only had the bottom row buttons available most of the time on the gig.
Whatever works ...

Lol, yea.....That’s my take + the $20 Bar tab we each get too......:)

I’ve played at least 100+ gigs w/ my Fractal Gear & the morning not issue I’ve had was a switch issue. That got fixed ASAP too!

X

Cool! I only average 100.00/gig and we're 4 piece. But have done my damage with the bar many times, and it's all for fun. I look at the fact I have load/unload/set up PA's as my 'exercise' time also. I also long ago realized if I wasn't getting the gigs, and carrying pa's , I wouldn't be playing , so I took over those duties.. As for the Fractal stuff, yep that's definitely something that's attracted me to them too as they've been 100% reliable for me too. The cap to my f1 footswitch broke off at the last gig, but I'd say that's pretty minimal lol

Happy Thanksgiving all

Similar to what’s been posted, when we are on a stage when drunken spills are a risk, I put a wrap or two of plastic wrap around the floor board. Doesn’t look pretty but it works.

Back
Top Bottom