Protective case and dimensions for Axe II

cheopsnet

Inspired
Hi,

I am considering the following case for my Axe II (leaving 2 extra U for possible power amp or other rack):

MARATHON ® FLIGHT ROAD CASE ™ MA-4UED ™ 4U EFFECT DELUXE CASE

1. I heard different things about the Axe II being slightly bigger than a typical 2U format. Do you think it will fit?

2. Any other recommendation as far as case? This one looks sleeker than most and I am not playing out much, so I don't bullet-proof protection, but still if you have some good-looking suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks guys

@S0c9: I might go with the model you referenced. How protective would you say it is though?
- On the one hand, I found 'shock mount' cases that seem very protective, but look ridiculously huge for a studio environment
- On the other, the type you reference looks (to me) as if, if the case was to drop from a table, the rack would be ruined anyway...

I would appreciate if you could provide a bit more insight on your unit, what use it is for and how protective you find it. Again, it is mostly for home and few gigs, nothing brutal, but a little fall is never impossible...

Thanks!

- On the other, the type you reference looks (to me) as if, if the case was to drop from a table, the rack would be ruined anyway...
looks can be deceiving :)
You could drop that case from 10 feet up and it would barely scratch. I have a number of EWI cases and they are built like tanks. In the studio environment, that case is overkill IMHO - but good for gigs.
Been using that specific case for about 18 months now - had an Ultra in it before the II. Done lots of gigs with it..

The Axe II fits very nicely in the EWI 14" rack. You don't have to go with 16" and yes, EWI racks are built like tanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3874357/IMG_0681.jpg

Do you have a picture of your rack that shows xlr's and other cables plugged into the Axe II? I'm curious how much clearance there is and whether the cables would be strained if plugged into a front patch panel with the rear lid closed. For me, the smaller the better, so if the 14" can work comfortably, I'd be very happy. Thanks for this info and image. Very helpful.

EDIT: Also, can you tell me the measurement from the back of the Axe II to the lip of the case?

Thanks!

Last edited:
youngmic said:
Do you have a picture of your rack that shows xlr's and other cables plugged into the Axe II? I'm curious how much clearance there is and whether the cables would be strained if plugged into a front patch panel with the rear lid closed. For me, the smaller the better, so if the 14" can work comfortably, I'd be very happy. Thanks for this info and image. Very helpful.

EDIT: Also, can you tell me the measurement from the back of the Axe II to the lip of the case?

Thanks!

This is what I do. No strain at all keeping the back lid closed with 14" of depth with the EWI 14" case. Plenty of clearance.

Back
Top Bottom