Proflier AX8 & Kempler

msmith886

Inspired
So I love my AX8. Many things sound great but I wanted to hear about the differences between it and the Kempler systems. I read about profiling with Kempler a lot and just saw Dr.Z released several amps to them. I know celestion does cabs for Fractal but why do companies like Dr.Z, Fender, Marshall, and other amp or pedal companies team up how celestion did and more stuff with Fractal?

a). Maybe you've been listening to the guitarwank podcast, cause the guys on there also mispronounced KEMPER ( hold the L).....
B) thanks for tip on the Dr Z pack...I hadn't heard about that and looks pretty inviting ...as I found most profiles found commercially and on the rig exchange are Pretty lame , but It appears that michael Britt, the Nashville cat who makes IMO the best profiles collaborated with dr Z on these....

a). Maybe you've been listening to the guitarwank podcast, cause the guys on there also mispronounced KEMPER ( hold the L).....
B) thanks for tip on the Dr Z pack...I hadn't heard about that and looks pretty inviting ...as I found most profiles found commercially and on the rig exchange are Pretty lame , but It appears that michael Britt, the Nashville cat who makes IMO the best profiles collaborated with dr Z on these....
...and bear in mind that these are 3rd party products not alliances with Kemper....in the case of DR Z, he hated how some circulated profiles of his stuff sounded..so he released his own,

Sorry I misspelled it. It said Kemper announces Dr.Z pack. I just was curious about the difference and when they talk about profiling etc. I have tried to download on the axe exchange had some luck but some really bad. Who is Michael Britt? Would love to hear what he has.

Just wondered why they didn't collaborate with more amp companies and have more amp and cab packs for purchase like how they did w Celestion.

I know there's always a chance a thread can go off topic but this one takes a bit of beating - we've gone from Dr Z differences in FAS and Kemper - to putting shampoo in personal places.

It's only a matter of time before pop tarts make an appearance and get jammed into non toaster like places after being anointed with crude oil.

Just wondered why they didn't collaborate with more amp companies and have more amp and cab packs for purchase like how they did w Celestion.
Because they didn't need to. With profilers, the accuracy of the modeling depends on how well users perform the profiling process. With Fractal stuff, the accuracy is built in when it leaves the factory.

I just wonder why other companies don't pair or team up more with Fractal is all.

Some have. Carol-Ann Amps, for example.

A profile is different than a model. I see Dr. Z choosing to profile their own amps much like Celestion entering the IR market, a "why not have another revenue stream that can make money from a segment we aren't otherwise reaching?" sort of decision. That, and as has been said above, they didn't like the way existing Kemper profiles were representing their amps apparently, so they decided to do something about it. Getting paid for selling the profiles that they made: value added benefit. Why they or another amp maker might not chose to work with FAS, or any other modeling company, might be as simple as they see no financial upside in it for any effort invested on their part perhaps?

Why they or another amp maker might not chose to work with FAS, or any other modeling company, might be as simple as they see no financial upside in it for any effort invested on their part perhaps?
This.

Also, with Fractal-style modeling, the developer has a specific example of the Amp right in front of him. He can probe and measure to his heart's content. There may not be much added value in having the Amp designer come along for the ride. :)

Back
Top Bottom