Profiling feature question...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
I know this obviously hasn't been released as a FW revision yet. I was curious as to how we are going to do this. How will we connect our 'amp to be profiled' to the Axe II? Input 2? Will I need to invest in any other hardware such as a mic preamp? Will we be outputting a tone sweep through the amp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt Cliff will share that info when he's ready. Patience glass-hoppa!

Well, I would like to avoid spending more $$$ now. I just bought two guitars. He he... Do you think I could somehow use the pre's in my digi 002?

Cliff mentioned that we would need a mic pre. So at the minimum, we will need that part.

Well, I would like to avoid spending more $$$ now. I just bought two guitars. He he... Do you think I could somehow use the pre's in my digi 002?

You should be able to use the digi 002 as a digital mixer as it has 4 mic pre-amps and 8 outputs. Just route the mic input directly to an output, you should also be able to mix 2 or more mics to a single output. If you're happy with the mic pre's in the digi 002 you won't need a separate mic preamp. (I say should as I don't have a digi 002 to confirm but it's spec'd as a digital mixer with 'low latency monitoring').

Last edited:
Well I have a lot of mic pres, so I'm not concerned. The 002 isn't known for having the best pres but it should work fine.

- Launch ProTools with the 002 as the Setup -> Playback Engine.

- Create a mono audio track assign the input to one of the 4 002 mic pre input channels 1-4.

- Route the output. Choices: outputs 1-8, main L, R , monitor L,R. I would use monitor L in my case to avoid re-patching.

- Connect monitor L to the Input of the Axe as specified in the Profiling How To (when it exists :))...

- Arm the track to get audio to flow

Richard

Yeah, I know. I can't spend any more $$$ now. I just bought two guitars ($2500) and about $700 in tools from stewmac for my shop. The 002 will have to suffice for me.

Well I have a lot of mic pres, so I'm not concerned. The 002 isn't known for having the best pres but it should work fine.

I only have 1 amp left (sold 'em all once I realized my Ultra slayed every one of them) a Randall RG-100. I'd like to see what I can do with that in the Axe II. It is SSOOOOOO exciting owning this thing.

It would be really cool if you could use the Digital In of the Axe II for "profiling" too, this way you could use a high end mic pre/converter, or audio interfaces, and go from the amped mic Digital into the Axe.. I know, I know, asking for too many things before profiling is even available.. :)

I bet it will be possible. It seems like Cliff and co. would think of that.

Sure hope so. I'll go S/PDIF digi out of my 002 into Axe II's S/PDIF in. Dang, I just realized I sold all but one of my mic's. All I have left if a Beta 58. Should I try to use the flattest mic possible for this?

It would be really cool if you could use the Digital In of the Axe II for "profiling" too, this way you could use a high end mic pre/converter, or audio interfaces, and go from the amped mic Digital into the Axe.. I know, I know, asking for too many things before profiling is even available.. :)

I Dang, I just realized I sold all but one of my mic's. All I have left if a Beta 58. Should I try to use the flattest mic possible for this?

Most mics will color the sound, but I think whatever mic you enjoy using for micing an amp, would be a good choice to also use for profiling, i like using 57's and MD 421's mostly for distortion guitars, sometimes using a condenser a bit further away to blend in, works well too.

I sold my mics to a friend. So I'll still have access to them... Except my 421... That's in Germany now. Doh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sold my mics to a friend. So I'll still have access to them... Except my 421... That's in Germany now. Doh!

HAHAHAHA yea that's exactly what I do too! :lol I prefer selling/buying stuff from friends because of easy access/friend support. That kind of thing can be priceless, but sometimes more trouble than it's worth! :/

+1!!!!!!!! PLEAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom