Product Delay

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Obviously people are wondering when the product will ship. We have had a quality issue with the aluminum bezel where the silkscreen is not up to our quality standards. This has required a rework of that part to make the paint adhere better. The factory is on holiday (Chinese NY) until the end of this month. When they return it will be a couple weeks to fabricate new parts and then units should be ready for sale soon after.

We could ship them as-is but we believe in quality first and foremost so we're going to redo these parts.

Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like a totally reasonable reason. Hopefully I'll be able to get one by the start of April? That's when I'm recording guitars for our next album!

Year of the 'horned animal' when translated from the Chinese ... given the excitement surrounding the new gear here it's quite apt I think ...

How is MIDI the solution? If i want to control wah, whammy, volume and reverb + delay mix with separate expression pedals, how is MIDI going to help? Do they even make MIDI expression pedals?!

This would do it:
Source Audio Namm Countdown 2015: Reflex Universal Expression Controller

I'm sure there are others out there. You can stack midi pedals like this, have each of them sending out different CC's if you need to as well.

You could also add this:
MIDI Solutions Pedal Controller; Continuous MIDI Data Generator

And convert an existing expression pedal over to a midi one, quite easily.

Also, imho.... If you want a dedicated expression pedal for volume, you may as well just use a volume pedal.

Obviously people are wondering when the product will ship. We have had a quality issue with the aluminum bezel where the silkscreen is not up to our quality standards. This has required a rework of that part to make the paint adhere better. The factory is on holiday (Chinese NY) until the end of this month. When they return it will be a couple weeks to fabricate new parts and then units should be ready for sale soon after.

We could ship them as-is but we believe in quality first and foremost so we're going to redo these parts.

I really dont mind the silkscreen issue... where do i pay????????

This really underscores Fractal's commitment to quality. Thank you for having such a high bar! We'll all look forward to seeing the units hit the store!

I am sure you don't want the first units shipped to have issues but I smell a B Stock promo in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually glad its kinda been delayed. I can't afford one right now. By the time its released I'll have enough cash to get one. Looking forward to it I'm looking to replace my big pedalboard that is proving very heavy when carrying it to gigs and rehearsals. The FX-8 should help me out a lot.

Are you guys gonna be buying the EV-1 expression as well?

Take your time. Make certain everything is perfect then take a couple more months just to be sure. In other words, I spent the money I saved up when you first announced a ship time and now I can't afford it.

I just wanted to say thanks to Cliff and the Fractal team for the massive improvement in communication over the last few years. You guys deserve acknowledgement for this and thanks for the progress and care for your customers.

Thanks Cliff, we don't need that sort of behaviour on these forums, we are all just after the correct info at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom