Producer Pack IRs

It's FAS's time, energy, cabs, mics, mic placement, mixology ;) and studio time. Its their creation, just like Ownhammer and Redwirez IR's are theirs.

I dont know man, for example the Fishman aura probably had a lot of time and energy put into it, and the IRs captured from that device got a good workout on this forum. Just saying.

It would be easy to TMA the factory cabs, it has been discussed and done many times already.

+1

Many of them are clear and stated but others like the Marshall AX are not. The AX is supposed to be Greenbacks but it doesn't sound like that to me.
right,
the AX and the TV do not have any speaker descriptions and these 2 are apparently a couple of the new 'favs"
people are using.
I used to have an AX top and it was loaded with Greenbacks, but I see
#101 is a greenback mix
#102 and #103 the AX and the TV don't state the speaker type ????

***edit hmmm....just did a serch online for these and they all have Greenbacks in them?

Last edited:
My Marshall AX has Celestion Vintage's inside. They are almost the same as Vintage30s, but not identical. The Celestion Vintage is the original produced in Britain. The Vintage 30 is Celestion's copy produced in China.
The Britain version has a bit more highs, it's more open sounding.
The China Version V30 has more stability in the lows and mids.
You could say the V30 is better for harder styles.
But that's just little differences, they sound very similar overall.

I guess the TV mix is another MS Vintage loaded cab, but with bigger housing?

I dont know man, for example the Fishman aura probably had a lot of time and energy put into it, and the IRs captured from that device got a good workout on this forum. Just saying.

Sure, because this isn't Fishman's forum, but Fractal Audio's. ;)

I didn't say "Don't do it!".
I only meant that I wouldn't do it and nobody should be surprised if they got suspended or worse for sharing that IR without permission.
Just because it's easy to do doesn't make it more legit or trivial. Seems common sense to me but apparently it is not.

yeah its obviously not a common sense thing (because a huge portion of the population are actually pirating software and media and think nothing of it), and I have to admit that I am confused a bit. Bear in mind I havent asked anyone to "go do it now!", I only wanted to raise a point.

FAS gave the axe fx a TMA block. Its used to match eq devices and tones

one guy can TMA capture a shitload of stuff from his fishman aura and then share it with a thousand people (who don't own an aura) on this forum and its ok. Same goes for cab captures and all the rest.

But TMA of an axe-fx cab block is a no go? is that legally speaking or just not cool for this forum?

Cheers!

But TMA of an axe-fx cab block is a no go? is that legally speaking or just not cool for this forum?

I don't know :) I hope I didn't give a too serious or even accusing/moral impression, because that was not my point and I'm sorry if it came across like that.
I see where you're coming from and it's a double-edged sword.

It's only my opinion, nothing more and FAS are the only one who can provide an answer.

Listen I am asking because fractal stated in the release notes of FW10 that they would make the producer IRs available as a separate download..my bad asking anyone to post it..no big deal..i'll be patient if it gets posted or not.

i love the new producer mixes - way better than teh original cabs included to my ears - i will be getting them!

...The Celestion Vintage is the original produced in Britain. The Vintage 30 is Celestion's copy produced in China.

What??? I have four British made Celestion Vintage 30s in my Mesa Rectifier 4x12 that would beg to differ with this statement.

There are British made Vintage 30s, and there are Chinese made Vintage 30s.

My Marshall AX has Celestion Vintage's inside. They are almost the same as Vintage30s, but not identical. The Celestion Vintage is the original produced in Britain. The Vintage 30 is Celestion's copy produced in China.

I guess we can just audition them and see how they sound, but I'm curious to know. My guess is the AX they shot is not loaded with Greenbacks and neither is the TV.

Yours may have Celestion Vintages in them but brand new both the 1960AX and 1960TV come with 25W Celestion Greenbacks. Can't say for sure that's what are in the cabs the IR was shot from, but I would assume so. Those IRs sound like Greenbacks to me.

Yours may have Celestion Vintages in them but brand new both the 1960AX and 1960TV come with 25W Celestion Greenbacks. Can't say for sure that's what are in the cabs the IR was shot from, but I would assume so. Those IRs sound like Greenbacks to me.

Sound like 25 watters to me as well...

I spoke with Cliff over PM about this because I was curious about the same thing. He said that they're probably Greenbacks, but they can't be sure, as they didn't have time to open the back of all the cabinets.

yeah its obviously not a common sense thing (because a huge portion of the population are actually pirating software and media and think nothing of it), and I have to admit that I am confused a bit. Bear in mind I havent asked anyone to "go do it now!", I only wanted to raise a point.

FAS gave the axe fx a TMA block. Its used to match eq devices and tones

one guy can TMA capture a shitload of stuff from his fishman aura and then share it with a thousand people (who don't own an aura) on this forum and its ok. Same goes for cab captures and all the rest.

Cheers!

I believe Harley Davidson lost the court case when they tried to sue other motorcycle manufacturers for trying to make their bikes sound like Harleys. Would be interesting to know if this is settled law in the Musical Instrument industry.

Of course, there's no such thing as settled law if you're willing to pay an attorney.

Am really liking the new 4x10 Bassguy Mix in the producer pack for some clean-ish, Fender type amps, as well as the two new Basketweaves. Lots to explore....!

Back
Top Bottom