Process of elimination for "Brilliance" control

FractalGrinder

Inspired
How about this?! 8).....We can choose a few people we trust(least biased as humanly possible) to really adjust these parameters to find out which ones have the least audible changes in their sweep. Hopefully then we can at least eliminate 1-3 of these to make room for "Brilliance".

Some outstanding forum members that I trust with their knowledge of the Axe would be:
Simeon, Chef , Groovenut, fremen (I apologize ahead to these members now, if they feel obligated or don't have the time for this experiment). It would be great even if some Beta-Testers could join in! For example, Yek or Scott.....

Before we get carried away here, the first question is: Do we really need to give up a parameter to get a new "Brilliance" parameter? IOW, is there no way to add one to the existing structure without removing one first?

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

Before we get carried away here, the first question is: Do we really need to give up a parameter to get a new "Brilliance" parameter? IOW, is there no way to add one to the existing structure without removing one first?

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

Good question! Maybe Cliff could chime in to let us know what limitations we could be facing by doing or not doing this in the Axe....:encouragement:

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

I use my axe fx as a preamp with a tube power amp so using the shelving eq in the para eq block is the same for me as my PA is set to off .

I'm not sure whether to call the OP's proposal an example of democracy or oligarchy.

Definitely Democratic, Sad state of affairs if a psychoanalysis of my post is really needed on a simple topic as this, just an idea and that is all. Intent was to maybe having some structure to help Cliff out with his new parameter. If by mentioning your name was a mistake, then I apologize. I just have high respect toward your knowledge of the Axe, that's all?:?

Just joking, that's all. ;-)
With just a pinch of realism: we forum members do not make firmware decisions. Only FAS does.
Anyways, I feel honored to be mentioned.

I've been reading the other thread with a great deal of interest, as I use several of those parameters (Pick Attack, Dynamics, etc) a lot, really like the specific thing that they achieve, and was one of many who requested to keep them. After a number of folks posted, saying the same, Cliff said he was just asking, but based on the number of people who use them, he said they'd stay.

Basically, it sounds to me like the decision to keep them (or most of 'em) has been made. I'm not sure exactly why conversation is still occurring on the topic, as if the decision is still subject to vote, influence, whatever.

An excellent suggestion that some folks made on the other thread was to put some of these into the admittedly long "Advanced" page. Or even better, to incorporate Yek's excellent suggestion of different "skins". For example, one for folks who only need simple B/M/T tweaks, MV, etc only, another for folks who want ALL the parameters exposed, etc.

Maybe the conversation should be more in that "user interface" direction, since it really does sound like Cliff's gonna keep the parameters in there, going forward.

Just joking, that's all. ;-)
With just a pinch of realism: we forum members do not make firmware decisions. Only FAS does.
Anyways, I feel honored to be mentioned.

.... its all good, I'm with ya.... Actually, now that I think about it? Maybe I can be ruler of the "Wastelands"!
road1.jpg

The parameters Cliff mentioned definitely make audible changes to the sound. The question is whether or not they're still relevant and useful given the changes that have occurred since their inclusion into the firmware.

It's like when the Warm and Thunk (I think that's what it was called) parameters were removed way back when. They were removed because the modeling improved and there were other controls that did what they did, but better, rendering them pointless.

Back
Top Bottom