Problems with using Axe FX as audio interface Mac

vandijkbv

Hi there,

Im using my Axe FX 3 as an audio interface for my Mac via USB. I use it to play backing tracks with my frfr speaker. So the music and my guitar are going through the frfr. But after a few minutes the music stops and the only solution I found was to restart the Axe FX and connect it again.

Does somebody know how to solve this issue?

thanks in advance!

I use the same stuff. Works fine here on my m1 Mac mini. Make sure you have a great usb cable and that it’s either not plugged into a hub, or make sure it’s a quality powered hub.

I guess I do have to reboot the axe 3 once in a while but not every few minutes

Hi there,

Im using my Axe FX 3 as an audio interface for my Mac via USB. I use it to play backing tracks with my frfr speaker. So the music and my guitar are going through the frfr. But after a few minutes the music stops and the only solution I found was to restart the Axe FX and connect it again.

Does somebody know how to solve this issue?

thanks in advance!
I don't think anybody knows of any workarounds at this time. It happens to some people but not others. It might have something to do with environmental issues in your studio or usb cabling. I've seen it, but very rarely. One thing to check when it happens: go to the meters page on the Axe-FX front panel home screen. It's very likely the audio output is still present, but has moved to the wrong usb channel(s).

I use the same stuff. Works fine here on my m1 Mac mini. Make sure you have a great usb cable and that it’s either not plugged into a hub, or make sure it’s a quality powered hub.

I guess I do have to reboot the axe 3 once in a while but not every few minutes
I bought a new USB-B to USB-C cable today and that one didn't work at all on my M1 MBP, the USB-B to USB-A works but with the issue written above..
What cable do you use?

I don't think anybody knows of any workarounds at this time. It happens to some people but not others. It might have something to do with environmental issues in your studio or usb cabling. I've seen it, but very rarely. One thing to check when it happens: go to the meters page on the Axe-FX front panel home screen. It's very likely the audio output is still present, but has moved to the wrong usb channel(s).
Thanks for the advice, I'll check tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom