Problems upgrading firmware - not going well

Lou

Inspired
Tried to update to v5.01 - Getting a "firmware update unknown" after the transfer completes. I have v2.0 or something right now. Tried to go to something prior to 5.01, but still have the same issue.

I have been using axe edit. It gets through the entire download, and I get an error on the II screen. I tried using midiox as well same issue. This is my frist attempt at upgrading a Axe II (done the ultra many times).

If I use the USB to transfer should my MIDI light be lit on the front panel of the AXE? Mine is not during the transfer, but when I make changes in axe edit (select anew amp for example, it does light up.

My settings in axe edit are 128 and 90 ms. Not sure what else to try at this - help!

Do you have the Axe-II profile (Settings | Configs | II) selected in AxeEdit ?
Are you connected via USB and have the AXE-FX II MIDI In/OUT ports selected in Settings | MIDI Settings | MIDI panel ?
If so, default "advanced" parameters should be 256 and 0ms (for USB).

Tried to update to v5.01 - Getting a "firmware update unknown" after the transfer completes. I have v2.0 or something right now. Tried to go to something prior to 5.01, but still have the same issue.

I have been using axe edit. It gets through the entire download, and I get an error on the II screen. I tried using midiox as well same issue. This is my frist attempt at upgrading a Axe II (done the ultra many times).

If I use the USB to transfer should my MIDI light be lit on the front panel of the AXE? Mine is not during the transfer, but when I make changes in axe edit (select anew amp for example, it does light up.

My settings in axe edit are 128 and 90 ms. Not sure what else to try at this - help!

Hang in there Lou. I've been going thru tough times myself lately with the latest firmware, presets, you name it. Folks are really helpful here so you should eventually be able to solve the issue. "s0c9" is a great help!

Lou - When you shut down the Axe II (hardware) and reboot does it show 5.1 in the utility page? I had the same issue with "firmware update unknown" (Macbook Pro) and in fact it did go through even with the same error msgs you are getting. Also, go into Axe Edit after the reboot and check the Help>About>Version to see if any updates went through. Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom