Problem with pitch block...

I figured that you might have a spring loaded pedal............And no there is no 2nd pitch block, I was looking at the wrong effects list on the wiki.:confused: But you could mess around with the 'Ring Modulator'. I believe that it can be setup to do the octave-down thing?

From the Wiki........
Thanks for the tip on the ring modulator. It does indeed say that it can be used as an octaver. I'll give it a go.

Ok. Following on from all the suggestions I have now had another play & I am pleased to say that I have solved the puzzle!

For info the Ring Modulator works pretty well as an Octaver. There is a slight tendency for it to go into bell like mode but mostly it's ok.

The Octave Distortion was no use. I just could not get an octave sound from it all! Is it me or is it a glitch?

Anyway finally I have a solution that is along the lines of the original requirement. Namely turn off Auto Engage on both the X & Y settings. Also set any control over the pitch effect in the Y setting to None. Now use a scene with the Whammy switched on permanently rather than auto engage. Actually it works a lot better. There is no lag as there was with the auto engage. In the other scene set the Pitch Octaver as required. No it doesn't have to go in another scene, that's just the way I want it but it could now just be used by select the Y setting.

Job done!

Ok. Following on from all the suggestions I have now had another play & I am pleased to say that I have solved the puzzle!

For info the Ring Modulator works pretty well as an Octaver. There is a slight tendency for it to go into bell like mode but mostly it's ok.

The Octave Distortion was no use. I just could not get an octave sound from it all! Is it me or is it a glitch?

Anyway finally I have a solution that is along the lines of the original requirement. Namely turn off Auto Engage on both the X & Y settings. Also set any control over the pitch effect in the Y setting to None. Now use a scene with the Whammy switched on permanently rather than auto engage. Actually it works a lot better. There is no lag as there was with the auto engage. In the other scene set the Pitch Octaver as required. No it doesn't have to go in another scene, that's just the way I want it but it could now just be used by select the Y setting.

Job done!
Awesome, sounds great! Any chance of posting your patch ?

Yes, of course. I'll try to upload it when I next set up my gear. It's all packed up for rehearsals this week.

Back
Top Bottom