Problem with GC pro and Boss Momentary Switch Tap tempo

PosterBoy

Inspired
I've got the Boss plugged into the Ground Control pedal 2 input, and made it on in set up.

In the Axe it sees it as CC 16 so Ext 2 and Tap tempo are set to 16.

in my Delay tempo mod is set to ext 2.

It has worked fine

Now I'll connect everything and I have no sound until I remove the Boss switch and restart the Axe and then if I re attach the Boss whatever I do it doesn't affect the tempo.

PosterBoy said:
I've got the Boss plugged into the Ground Control pedal 2 input, and made it on in set up.

In the Axe it sees it as CC 16 so Ext 2 and Tap tempo are set to 16.

in my Delay tempo mod is set to ext 2.

It has worked fine

Now I'll connect everything and I have no sound until I remove the Boss switch and restart the Axe and then if I re attach the Boss whatever I do it doesn't affect the tempo.

That is not the way you do it. Set your tempo in the delay to a time value like 1/4, 1/8, . 1/8th etc. Move you ext 2 to another CC#, you don't need it there for tap tempo.

so to get my dotted 1/8 right for the song I'm playing, I just have the momentary pedal into ext 2 and keep that set up to my delay time modifier to tap the quarter notes in and take out the tap tempo settings. Is this right?

Just looked about and in the manual and I need to take the ext out of the time modifier if I'm using the tempo and use ext 2 for my tap tempo to get the dotted 1/8 in time with the song.

PosterBoy said:
so to get my dotted 1/8 right for the song I'm playing, I just have the momentary pedal into ext 2 and keep that set up to my delay time modifier to tap the quarter notes in and take out the tap tempo settings. Is this right?

Just looked about and in the manual and I need to take the ext out of the time modifier if I'm using the tempo and use ext 2 for my tap tempo to get the dotted 1/8 in time with the song.

No (w/ the ground control pro), with everything hooked up go to tempo tap in IO/CRTL menu. Hit enter on the Axe-fx when you have tempo tap highlighted. This will put you in learn mode. tap your tempo foot switch. It should learn the CC#. Now to have delay sync to tempo, change the tempo to the .8th or whatever value.

No delay time modifer - use the tempo parameter - it will over ride the set delay time to the tempo. If your cc# is set up already on tempo tap you can just set the tempo parameter to the value you want 1/4, 1/8, .8th,etc.

Back
Top Bottom