Problem with cabs menu in Axe-Edit

Inspired
Guys, I got the Redwirez a few days ago and the filenames are long, but I don't want to change them, but there's a problem with Axe-Edit. I'll explain... when I use Axe-Edit [USB] and select a cab, I get a list of two columns for the default cabs, no problems there. When I go to my user cab list, again this appears as two columns meaning that the Redwirez names are cut short and I can't see full filenames.
When I use Axe-Edit offline without having switched on the Axe beforehand, my user cabs list appears as a single column, with arrows up and down at the very top and bottom of the screen to scroll the list. This is perfect, because I can the see the each entire filename.
Is there a solution to this? I don't want to manually shorten loads of filenames and I tried Axe-O-Matic but it had strange behaviour such as working o.k. for the first five files, then cutting the names of the others in a weird way.
The simplest solution is to get Axe-Edit to display the cabs in a single line list, but how do you get it to do that? I also tried starting Axe-Edit first [offline], THEN switching on the Axe, but that didn't work, it remains unconnected. Changing the size of Axe-Edit window doesn't seem to have an effect either. Is there a simple setting I have missed?

The type of cab list displayed is based on the location of the cab block on the grid and the AxeEdit (AE) window position.
Move AE to top left corner and try again. I have no issues being able to see full RW and OH names in my User Cab list..

If that doesn't work, you can go into AxeManage (AM) and get all cabs from the Axe. You can then shorten the "axe name" of the cab (not the physical .syx name) - for example, remove spaces - the send them all back to the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom