Problem using external pedal 1 and 2 switches

wizardy

Hi I'd like to know if I could use a normal single button latching pedal with a 1/4 guitar cable (TS) to by-pass/on-off a few blocks in my patch. I was doing this with my axe-fx 2 but for some reasons it doesn't work on my axe 3.
I did plug my single button pedal latching with a regular guitar cable to rear panel PEDAL 1 input . I selected PEDAL 1 in midi/remote settings for switching my DELAY 1 and GEQ 1 setting to "by-pass".
I was doing that with my axe-fx 2 and it was working flawlessly . Is there something different to config with the axe-fx 3 ?
Help me solves this because as long as I don't have my FC-12 , I will be gigging next week and need to be able to switch on delay / geq for my solos
thanks.

I did this using a single footswitch (fs7) to bypass/engage a filter and delay block. I am not at my AXE3 at the moment, so I cant recall exactly what I did. But it was very similar to my AX8. I used the midi utility menus to set the bypass states of the blocks to pedal1.

Last edited:
Hi I'd like to know if I could use a normal single button latching pedal with a 1/4 guitar cable (TS) to by-pass/on-off a few blocks in my patch. I was doing this with my axe-fx 2 but for some reasons it doesn't work on my axe 3.
I did plug my single button pedal latching with a regular guitar cable to rear panel PEDAL 1 input . I selected PEDAL 1 in midi/remote settings for switching my DELAY 1 and GEQ 1 setting to "by-pass".
I was doing that with my axe-fx 2 and it was working flawlessly . Is there something different to config with the axe-fx 3 ?
Help me solves this because as long as I don't have my FC-12 , I will be gigging next week and need to be able to switch on delay / geq for my solos
thanks.

Yes. Make sure you have the pedal type set correctly in the Setup > I/O > Pedal menu.

Ok I'm totally sure I got everyting right but my good old crate latching pedal with small red light doesn't seem to be working with the axe-fx 3 back panel pedal switching . It's working fine while using MFC-101 pedal outputs directly but not directly on the axe-fx 3. the light doesn't even turn on . I wonder if my axe-fx 3 is faulty ?

i don't think the Pedal ports send power for lights. it doesn't work the same as an amp does.
Ok I'm totally sure I got everyting right but my good old crate latching pedal with small red light doesn't seem to be working with the axe-fx 3 back panel pedal switching . It's working fine while using MFC-101 pedal outputs directly but not directly on the axe-fx 3. the light doesn't even turn on . I wonder if my axe-fx 3 is faulty ?

Back
Top Bottom